Full-Time Account Manager
Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street is a for-profit firm founded to enable growth of high-performing, high-potential small and mid-size enterprises in a challenging and stimulating environment. Our clients are successful businesses and nonprofits with annual revenues up to $100 million, as well as the anchor institutions, social investors, foundations, and government agencies that foster economic development in our cities and underserved communities. Through our work, we have a direct impact on wealth-creation and employment in America’s cities.
With offices in Boston, New York City and Chicago, Next Street provides a unique mix of integrated advisory services in strategy, finance, operations, and organizational effectiveness. We connect the dots at every level, and across multiple industries and geographies, to create a network that advances business growth and economic development. We are a for-profit B Corporation, and were named a “2014 Best of the Best for Community Impact” by B Lab.
We look for professionals who combine significant experience in their fields with a passion for building successful, high-impact organizations in underserved markets: people who love cities, love business, and thrive on challenge. Next Street offers our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of “doing well and doing good,” having the potential to meaningfully impact organizations and their communities on a daily basis. We are committed to providing our professionals with development across areas of expertise, and advancement based on individual goals and performance.
Beverly Gray Business Exchange Center
The Beverly Gray Business Exchange Center (The Exchange) is the first-of-its-kind, brick and mortar small business technical resource center that will be located in Buffalo’s Eastside neighborhood. It is a comprehensive, one-stop small business technical resource center developed to support entrepreneurship and innovation for Minority and Women-Owned Enterprises (M/WBE), Service-Disabled Veteran–Owned Businesses (SDVOB), and small businesses in the City of Buffalo and WNY region. The purpose of The Exchange is to serve as an information clearinghouse for small businesses, and, by extension, a hub of entrepreneurship and community wealth generation on the Eastside. Initially, The Exchange is scheduled to open in Fall 2017, and will provide the following services:
Startup & Launch –connecting entrepreneurs and early stage business owners to business planning education and advice as well as pro-bono legal, accounting, and professional services that will enable them to start and launch their business
- business planning – connection to a provider that will provide education or one-on-one support to help an entrepreneur develop a business plan
- legal assistance – connection to pro-bono legal services
- accounting – connection to pro-bono accounting services Financing Assistance – helping start-up and operating businesses become educated on the range of funding options available and receive assistance packaging and submitting their application
- M/WBE Certification –providing eligible business owners with the assistance they need to submit a complete application to become M/WBE certified and be better positioned to do business with the City of Buffalo, Erie County, and State of New York
Next Street is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual to serve as an Account Manager of the Beverly Gray Business Exchange Center, to be operated by Next Street.
The Account Manager will be responsible for performing their day-to day duties while pacing towards The Exchange’s goals, and will report to the Executive Director of the Beverly Gray Business Exchange Center.
- Deliver The Exchange’s suite of services to small businesses and entrepreneurs of various stages, sectors, and needs
- Ensure that all customers receive best-in-class level of service , and that assigned service delivery goals are regularly exceeded
- Employ a relationship driven approach and maintain long-term relationships with high potential business clients
- Help clients access capital; facilitate connections to traditional and alternative lenders
- Review client financial documents ; guide client through loan origination process
- Coordinate business planning, legal, and accounting services; manage appointments, coordinate with service providers, develop partnerships
- Assist clients with City, County, and State M/WBE certification processes; develop subject matter expertise
- Drive customer acquisition, partnership development, and marketing efforts; track and analyze activities in CRM
- Collaborate across Next Street offices to ensure our client’s strategic, financial, and organizational needs are met and learnings are shared
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with quality assurance best practices
- Perform data entry within 48 hours of delivering a service; maintain high data integrity standards
- Provide feedback to team members, Firm management and City of Buffalo on an ongoing basis in order to improve the system’s ability to achieve outcomes and provide high-quality services
- Attend morning, evening, and weekend events, as necessary, in the interest of strengthening partnerships and business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience working with entrepreneurs and small business owners; experience with banking, finance or lending a plus
- A strong belief in the potential of small businesses and the value of understanding their needs and helping them succeed
- Possess a client centric view and excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with Buffalo’s economic and community development landscapes
- Experience with planning and executing business development strategies; direct sales experience preferred
- Proven analytical, written, and oral communication abilities
- Ability to review loan applications and documentation for clients; experience developing and analyzing business financials a plus
- Solid work ethic and high level of professional integrity
- Experience using a CRM platform in order to track and manage services and outcomes.
- Ability to manage towards goals in order to ensure the successful achievement of those goals by specific deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team and individual setting.
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with a commitment to high standards of excellence.
- A strong analytical and critical thinking skill set; ability to derive insight from ambiguity
- The ability to think innovatively and generate new ideas that can translate directly into results.
- A willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
How to Apply
Please apply at www.nextstreet.com/careers