Part-Time Accounts Payable Clerk
An exceptional professional to support the quality and security of our payments processing
New York City
Part-time, 25 hours per week – ideally 7:30am – 12:30pm
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for reviewing payments across our organization. Your work will enhance the quality and security of service provided by the finance team to other departments and ultimately to the farmer.
We are seeking a professional with a background in accounting or finance and an interest in international development to serve in a position that will allow you to build your finance and systems expertise and work with global, cross-country teams. The position requires strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Typical tasks will include:
- Review Payments. The Accounts Payable Clerk will be reviewing staff and vendor payables. This will include review of each payment against a standard accounts payable checklist before payment is made, and will include the use of multiple banking platforms.
- Collaborate with Cross-Country Teams. The Accounts Payable Clerk will collaborate daily with the central finance team located in Kigali, Rwanda to execute payments, follow up on payment issues, and ensure efficient processing of payments.
- Reporting. The Accounts Payable Clerk will create an accounts payable management reporting package to be disseminated weekly.
Career Growth and Development
While this is not a full time position, One Acre Fund will still serve as a resource for professional development of the Accounts Payable Clerk(s). We provide constant and actionable feedback through one-on-one time with managers, reviews, and access to in-office training opportunities for relevant professional trainings.
We are seeking a professional with 1+ years of work experience, strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 1+ years of work experience in a finance-related role required
- Previous experience with SAP Business One a plus
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Interest in working with different cultures
- Language: English required, French a plus
- Confidence with numbers
- Ability and drive to work independently
Preferred Start Date
How to Apply
To apply, please visit this link and complete the application on our website.