Full-Time Administrative Specialist, Executive Office & Public Support
This position includes two separate functions: supporting the Executive Office, and StoryCorps’ Public Support & Solutions team.
- As the Administrative Specialist supporting the Executive Office, this position will work closely with and under the supervision of the Director, Executive Office to manage the activities of the Executive Office. Specific duties include but are not limited to: heavy scheduling of internal and high-level external meetings, maintenance of calendars, coordinating travel, drafting correspondence, providing detailed prep materials for meetings, creation of PowerPoint slides for presentations, data entry and use of StoryCorps’ CRM and tracking/managing expenses. In addition, this position is responsible for providing support to StoryCorps’ Board of Directors. The ideal candidate demonstrates sensitivity in handling confidential matters, and is extremely detail-oriented and organized, skilled at multi-tasking and logistics management, and an excellent communicator (verbal and written).
- As a lead on public support for participants who have recorded with StoryCorps, this position will report to the Manager, Public Support & Solutions, and will ensure StoryCorps signature participants are able to access their own recordings through links to downloadable files, StoryCorps online archive, or CD requests. The Specialist will liaise among the Managing Director, Marketing & Communication; the Manager, Public Support & Solutions; the Recording & Archives department; and other internal teams to ensure seamless communications regarding customer support between internal stakeholders and participants. Using StoryCorps standards for correspondence with external parties, the Administrative Specialist will ensure responses to the majority of audio replacement requests from signature interview participants. This position will be a member of the Public Information & Access team and part of the broader External Relations Division
StoryCorps seeks to record stories from a diverse range of voices — from our Griot Initiative to preserve stories of African Americans, to our Historias Initiative to collect the experiences of Latinos — and candidates with experience working with Black/African American, Latino, and Asian American communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the Executive Office (~20 hours per week):
- Schedule internal and external meetings for members of the Executive Office
- Prepare materials and research related to upcoming Executive Office meetings and events
- Prepare, execute, and deliver materials for Board and committee meetings, in conjunction with the Director, Executive Office
- Record minutes for Board committee meetings and track on follow-up steps with staff and Directors
- Coordinate and book travel for the CEO, Founder & President, Board members, and other senior staff, as assigned
- Process expense reporting for the Executive Office
- Perform other duties to support the Executive Office, as assigned
Lead Public Support for Participants (~15 hours per week):
- Respond digitally to participants who require assistance accessing their interviews
- Navigate StoryCorps’ internal archive to confirm participant identities and share audio files
- Act as an administrator for archive.storycorps.org to assist participants in logging in or regaining access to their accounts
- Provide original reporting and analytics on customer support issues
- Track and manage inquiries and issues using the Zendesk CRM software
- Provide telephone-based support to participants, as needed
- Support the Manager, Public Support & Solutions in creating and implementing processes and procedures to facilitate the addition of StoryCorps Signature interviews into the online archive at archive.storycorps.org
- During periods of high-volume inquiries, including The Great Thanksgiving Listen, provide training for temporary customer support employees, and assist in other Public Support areas as needed
- Perform other duties to support Public Support, as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- At least 2 years experience in executive support, administration/office management, development, or a related field
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills demonstrated in interactions with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the organization
- Strong organizational and project management skills; adept at working under tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge in using PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Apps
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Willingness to explore, learn, and teach others new systems and technologies
- Cultural competence and the ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people
- Proficiency on a Mac platform
- Experience in using databases or CRM software
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your last name and the position title in the subject line: for example, “Jones – Administrative Specialist, Executive Office & StoryCorps App.” Include your cover letter and resume as attachments titled “YourNameLetter” and “YourNameResume.” In your cover letter, please tell us how you found out about this opportunity and whether you have applied for a position at StoryCorps in the past. If you wish to apply to multiple Facilitator positions, you must submit separate email applications for each specific position.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.