Full-Time Admissions and Operations Associate
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Admissions and Operations Associate (AOA) is a one-year position (August 15, 2018-July 31, 2019) for a detail-oriented, thoughtful, systems thinker to support our small, entrepreneurial Selection team. The Selection Team is a part of the Central Operations Team at Global Health Corps and consists of the Vice President of Operations, Admissions and Operations Manager, and Admissions and Operations Coordinator. This dynamic team oversees the screening and selection of each class of fellows. Last year, GHC screened over 9,000 applications for 140 fellowship positions. The Selection process begins in January before applications close and ends in June once the fellowship class is confirmed. The application process moves through five rounds, with each round narrowing down the pool of applicants. We are a team of people who work really hard and have an amazing time doing it.
This position was created to support the second year of a two-year transition to a new online application management system. The online application system is where a) candidates complete their application materials and check their status, b) 400+ reviewers view and evaluate candidate qualifications, and c) the GHC Selection team manages the progression of our approximately 10,000 applications through the process. In addition to supporting the scoping, testing, and management of this new online application system, the AOA will help us advance the Selection team from a scrappy process to a more sustainable process supported by strong systems and institutionalized knowledge. This is our year for transforming the way we find our new fellows, and we need a creative, focused, and systems-thinking partner to help us do it!
The AOA thrives in a dynamic, global, collaborative and fast-paced environment where we are passionate about what we do, care deeply for our greater mission, and work hard to achieve results. S/he brings a solutions-oriented and client service mindset, demonstrating excellent attention to detail and a value for collaboration across a range of teams, cultures, and time zones.
Support the transition to a new online application system
- Test all functionalities of the new system from all user perspectives, including applicants, reviewers, and Selection staff
- Work with Selection team interns and staff to identify and resolve any issues with the system that occur during the testing period (Sept-Dec) or in real time during the Selection process (Jan-June)
- Help track information about submitted applications, including exporting data reports, tracking applicant status, and sharing updates with relevant staff members
- Create how-to guides to institutionalize knowledge for the Selection team and reviewers
Support the Selection team in managing the application review process
- Update Selection materials, including reviewer training PowerPoints and videos, application/review forms, and email communications
- Support on applicant communications, including responding to applicant questions in our customer service email accounts and sending applicant status updates
- Support preparations for and execution of each round of application review, including collecting information from applicants and reviewers, as well as coordinating semi-finalist interviews
- Leverage Excel functions – including pivot tables, filters, simple formulas, etc. – for basic data analysis, to draw insights from survey results and make recommendations for Selection process improvements
Manage travel booking for fellows to attend Training Institute and the End of Year Retreat
- Coordinate with Country Teams to update the Fellow Travel Policy
- Work with GHC’s travel agency to book fellow travel, identify travel deals, and optimize the travel budget
Research and update existing visa guidelines for fellows who will be traveling outside their country of origin
Support a range of other program and operational tasks as needed throughout the year, including special projects as assigned
- At least 6 months of experience using a relational or CRM database to collect, update, or search for data, ideally including experience developing and/or testing new features
- Familiarity with organizing/analyzing data in Excel using functions such as filters, simple formulas, pivot tables, conditional formatting, etc.
- At least one year of experience working in an office setting preferred
- Enjoys learning and working with software tools and new technologies
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks to maximize time without sacrificing quality
- Ability to summarize and present technical material in a clear, succinct, and organized manner for lay audiences
- Customer service mindset in interactions and creating materials
- Enjoys solving problems, including in content areas that are entirely unfamiliar
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing plans and priorities
- Deeply believes that equity and social justice are important and is driven to act on this belief
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/ghcorps/0061214e-7953-412e-89e5-bb7aea3d28e5