Full-Time Africa People Operations Associate/Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
An exceptional professional with an interest in people and human resources, experience in a fast-paced work environment, and a deep interest in international development and nonprofit work.
Flexible; Major East African City
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
One Acre Fund is nothing more than the people who devote their time and energy to making farmers in the developing world more prosperous. These people are the main ingredient to our success. The role of the Africa People Operations Associate/Manager is a key component of One Acre Fund’s strategies aimed at creating and retaining a strong workforce, and building the structure that enables all employees to reach their full human potential.
These goals cascade down to a number of projects revolving around all aspects of the Human Resources/Organizational Development value chain. Generally, this position involves content level support of the Africa People Operations Management which will quickly evolve into taking on full project ownership covering topics such as Compensation & Benefits, Performance & Motivation, Talent Management, Recruitment Capacity Building, Change Management, Organization Design, and HR Strategy & Policy Deployment.
Around these and other topics, you will analyze the status quo and research internal and external best practices as a basis to derive comprehensive proposals for change. Once these proposals are approved by our executives, you will assume the role of a change agent and oversee project implementation to ensure the sustainability of its objectives.
The scope of your work would range from small “quick win” projects to large scale operations that shape the structure of the entire organization. The following are some concrete examples of projects you would be involved in:
- Supporting the design and implementation of an organization wide talent management program
- Creating a diagnostic methodology for internal and external talent selection that is capable of measuring core leadership competencies
- Improving and standardizing performance management systems aimed at ensuring an intrinsically motivated and mission-driven workforce
- Helping to create a structural framework for positions that builds on several existing, country-specific structures and transforms them into a cohesive job grade architecture for One Acre Fund
- Support country pilot programs and new country programs in their efforts to create effective and efficient human resources functions
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who is passionate about people, wants to take her or his career to a new level, and can climb a steep learning curve. Specifically, we expect you to meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 years of work experience in a human capital related function of a private sector business/social enterprise or an HR/OD management consulting environment.
- You would likely have a background in social sciences, organizational psychology, business administration, or law.
- Your cognitive flexibility and your performance motivation should be reflected by educational results which landed you among the top performers of your class in college or university.
- You speak fluent English; working knowledge of French and/or Swahili is preferred.
- You are analytically minded and your personality should be characterized by your willingness to work hard and play hard, a pro-active problem solving attitude, results orientation, open-mindedness, and a great sense of humor.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board
Sponsor International Candidates
How to Apply
To apply, please visit this link and complete the application on our website.