Full-Time We Are All America Campaign Manager
About the We Are All America Campaign
The We Are All America Campaign is hiring a skilled national campaign manager to work with a diverse and committed steering committee in a national campaign to build state level leadership and constituencies in support of refugees, asylum seekers, and our nation’s traditions as a nation of immigrants, of religious tolerance, and of refuge from violence and persecution.
The We Are All America Campaign draws support from refugee, refugee resettlement, faith, immigrant rights, and Muslim civil rights organizations. Steering Committee members include Alianza Americas, America’s Voice, Church World Service, Human Rights First, International Rescue Committee, Islamic Relief, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, National Partnership for New Americans, Refugee Council USA, and Welcoming America.
The Campaign Manager is responsible for working with a diverse team of stakeholders to build a branded national campaign, with a team of state-based organizers; a powerful communications capacity; a diverse set of funders; and powerful and active local constituencies.
The We Are All America Campaign Manager is responsible for implementing a nationally coordinated campaign to build support nationally and locally for refugees and asylum seekers, and to push back against anti-refugee, anti-Muslim hate. The Campaign Manager is responsible for the overall direction of the Campaign, including field organizing, communications, policy advocacy campaigns, staff management, leadership training, and funder relations.
The Campaign Manager works with diverse stakeholders, including the We Are All America Steering Committee members and their local affiliates, supporting organizations in the faith, immigrant rights, and refugee resettlement worlds; business supporters; political allies; funders; and state level supporters. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, experienced organizer, good manager, and strategic thinker capable of producing consistent quality work in a fast-paced environment.
This position reports to: The Campaign Manager is hired by and reports to the Steering Committee, with day-to-day mentoring and oversight from the National Partnership for New Americans Executive Director.
- Serve as Campaign Manager of the We Are All America campaign.
- Works with the We Are All America Steering Committee and supporting groups to oversee and implement a campaign to support refugees and asylum seekers at the local, state and national level
- Works with the Steering Committee to plan the campaign, with goals, timelines, and implementation plan
- Build and nurture relationships with local and state organizations across the country, and assist in promoting collective action on common agendas, specifically field strategies to oppose anti-refugee proposals and promote welcoming, inclusive policies
- Build and train a team of organizers and communications staff, with both direct reports and allied organizations, to build power for refugee resettlement, asylum seekers, and against agendas of hate, and to implement the Campaign Goals
- Help foster leadership development among impacted communities and ensure their voices and stories are lifted up in campaign efforts
- Work with a communications team, with both direct reports and allied organizations, to elevate attention to refugee, asylum seekers, and anti-hate work in traditional and new media
- Coordinate field/online strategies to build the list of refugee / asylum seeker supporters across the country
- Manages and provides leadership and direction to organizing staff
- Other duties as assigned by the Steering Committee
- Five to ten years of organizing experience with community-based, refugee, immigrants’ rights, faith based, grassroots, and/or coalition organizations
- Experience in supervising a team of organizers, and working at a high level in strategic partnerships
- Familiarity with immigrants’ rights work, refugee resettlement and asylum issues, and anti-hate organizing in the United States
- Familiarity with grassroots advocacy, at either the federal or state level, including experience with national campaigns to secure policy change
- Familiarity with online technology (email/sms/mobile tools) and electoral tools (VAN, Catalist) for use in field campaigns
- Experience working in coalitions and ability to build consensus around common purpose with multiple organizations
- Capacity and willingness to travel frequently
- Experience and comfort working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work effectively with people of different cultures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to produce consistent, quality work in a fast-paced environment
Salary & Benefits: We Are All American offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled
How to Apply
Please submit resume, a cover letter that includes salary expectations and at least two writing samples, and three references to Joshua Hoyt of the National Partnership for New Americans at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Discreet serious inquiries for more information can be made to Joshua Hoyt at email@example.com.