Full-Time Associate, Brand + Marketing
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About Quarter Zero (QØ)
We believe that every person has potential. The potential to create, disrupt and thrive. But for that potential to be fully realized it needs to be affirmed and developed starting at an early age.
At Quarter Zero, we exist to help young people power their potential. We do this by creating an immersive, real-world entrepreneurial environment where high school students can work hand-in-hand with top industry advisors to shape and guide their passions and ideas. Our learning and development experiences challenge our participants to become problem solvers, equipped with the skills to thrive in a competitive and rapidly changing world. We provide hands-on entrepreneurial programs through our flagship Catapult Incubator and Startup Bootcamp.
About the Role
You will be a key player on the marketing team with a focus on acquisition and developing, cultivating, and tracking relationships with strategic partners: educators, schools, organizations, and young people. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, has strong project management skills, and communicates effectively with various audiences (through various channels). This is a role that requires you to plan, manage, and execute across multiple projects; it’s the perfect role for a self-starter that is looking to get experience across multiple facets of marketing.
This role will report directly to the Brand + Marketing Director and will collaborate closely with our Product Team Members.
New Student Acquisition:
– Support Director of Marketing in achieving enrollment goals for QØ programs
– Manage admissions funnel through application platform
– Develop and execute communication plan for prospective students
– Create and maintain weekly reporting on progress
– Seek out, manage, and cultivate new strategic partners for organization (educators, schools, organizations, etc)
– Represent QØ at various locations including events, schools, and organization meetings
– Provide logistical support at QØ branded events
– Create and maintain weekly reporting on progress Project Management:
– Update and maintain CRM system and Admissions Platform
– Effectively manage multiple workstreams through organization’s project tools
– Perform other activities as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
– 2-3+ years of experience in marketing and/or sales
– Experience in developing and maintaining relationships
– Email campaign development
– Great communication skills
– Experience editing
– Strong project manager
– Comfortable performing data analysis
– Adobe creative suite skills a plus!
Quarter Zero is a fast-paced early stage company run by a small and nimble team. We work hard because we believe in our mission, but we also work smart because we believe in efficiency. We value a flat hierarchical structure and encourage our team members to actively look for opportunities where they can grow in their experience and voice their insights.
At QØ, we are committed to diversity both in our programs and in our company. We often ask our students to leverage their unique perspective to solve a problem. Similarly, we are looking for individuals who can leverage their unique backgrounds to drive greater impact and serve a diverse set of students.
We’re looking for team members who have:
– A strong interest in startups, social impact, and youth development.
– Ownership and self-sufficiency. We value those who can be independent, make smart decisions on the fly, and be highly adaptable.
– Humbleness & a willingness to do a range of tasks from big to small. This is a small startup so every day is different and no job is below any of us.
– A desire to see the impact of their work directly & immediately. This is not a place where you work for “the man” or are just a “cog in the wheel.”
– The appetite to work hard with a small team and ambition to grow into future leadership positions as the company grows.
– A great sense of humor! We love a good laugh and a jovial spirit.
Santa Barbara, California.
Given the nature of our work, this role may require traveling to our programming events and/or various business trips. All business-related travel expenses (housing, food, transportation, etc.) will be covered by QØ.
– Benefits: Healthcare allowance & reimbursement plan, commuter benefits, and more.
– Grow With Us: You’ll be given a vast amount of responsibility & independence. We hate micromanaging and want you to take ownership.
– Close-Knit Small Team: A flat structure, annual retreats, team activities, and open feedback make for a happy work environment.
– Flexible Vacation Culture: We recognize that rest is important so we don’t have a culture of nitpicking exact days.
– Remote-Friendly: Whether it’s working from home when the weather is terrible or working from your hometown-home to visit your family.
– Social Impact: We operate as a social enterprise and love that our work impacts the next generation of entrepreneurs & startups.
NOTE: Due to the close proximity to minors, candidates being considered for the position will be required to pass a criminal background check during the interview process.
To formally apply for this position, please email JoinOurTeam@QuarterZero.com with the following:
1) job title you are applying for; 2) Santa Barbara office; 3) cover letter (300 words max); 4) resume; and 5) how you heard about this position.
To see more positions, quarterzero.com/join-our-team.