Consulting Associate Consultant – Advisory Services
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Taproot Foundation’s Advisory Services practice works with leading companies and organizations across industries including MetLife, American Express, Disney, NBCUniversal and Adobe to design and implement high-impact programs that connect business talent to organizations that drive positive social change.
The Taproot Foundation is seeking a dynamic professional to join its Advisory Services team in New York City. This job is ideal for a passionate consultant with the desire and facility to collaborate with a team and clients working across the full spectrum of the program development lifecycle – from developing new pro bono service programs, to improving existing ones, to scaling initiatives nationally or internationally.
The NYC Advisory Services Associate Consultant will join a dynamic and growing team and will be responsible for supporting consulting engagements across Taproot’s growing list of corporate clients, targeted initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Advisory Services practice, and efforts to continue to build the field of pro bono service broadly.
Delivery of Consulting Engagements
- Support lead consultants in implementing consulting engagements, particularly through the creation of client-specific deliverables; participating in client meetings; and managing routine interactions with the client, such as scheduling and troubleshooting, as needed
- Provide creative input and develop deliverable content (deliverables include presentation decks, tools, trainings, and customized products)
- Project manage internal initiatives and client engagements by implementing processes and systems to ensure projects stay on track and within scope
- Contribute to the development of the field of pro bono service by supporting the creation of tools, presentations, research, and other thought leadership that can be broadly used by companies and organizations in the social sector
- Support the facilitation of sector-wide convenings that focus on topics important in the field of pro bono
- Support the growth of the Advisory Services practice by contributing to internal reporting and capacity-building projects
This position will be based in our New York office. The target start for this role is immediate. Moderate travel will be required (~5%). Compensation and benefits are competitive for the sector, and commensurate with experience.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- You are passionate about creating cross-sector solutions for social problems. You are inspired by the potential of pro bono service and are a strong believer in the power of capacity building for nonprofit organizations. You believe that companies have an important role in developing social sector solutions, and you want to be a part of bringing those solutions to life.
- You are fanatical at project management, building client relationships, and nailing the details. You can manage several projects at once, proactively keeping team members informed of important deadlines and managing up, as necessary.
- You are known for exceeding expectations. You are a self-starter, frequently recognized for your ability to go above and beyond, and develop creative solutions to tricky problems.
- You have experience facilitating meetings and discussions. You are adept at helping clients think through their challenges, come to consensus, and work toward meeting their goals.
- You care deeply about content and design. You can create documents and deliverables that are strong in content and structure. You have incredible attentiveness to detail and enjoy developing visually-compelling, polished final products.
- You are naturally curious, creative, and you want to build something important. You love turning ideas into strategies. You are a committed teammate, a cheerful officemate, and you bring your whole self to work.
You have 3+ years of professional experience, with at least 1-2 years in consulting or professional services, nonprofit capacity building, and/or program design and delivery.
How to Apply