Full-Time Associate Director of Development Operations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Associate Director of Development Operations
Location: New York, NY
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is seeking an Associate Director of Development Operations to join the organization’s fundraising and development operations. The Associate Director of Development Operations works closely with other members of the Development team to execute on activities associated with raising the private philanthropy necessary to: 1) start and scale a fast growing and high performing network of public charter schools; 2) acquire, build, and renovate state-of-the-art school facilities; and 3) implement key organizational initiatives in one or more Uncommon regions, as well as the Uncommon Home Office (central office).
In particular, the Associate Director will manage the systems and operations associated with fundraising activities and cultivation and stewardship of donors (e.g. data management, donor information tracking, planning fundraising events, etc.). The Associate Director will be joining a team that supports the development needs of Uncommon’s 49 (and growing) network of schools and the Home Office.
DEVELOPMENT TEAM OVERVIEW
The Development Team is responsible for cultivating and stewarding relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and government entities with the goal of raising and sustaining philanthropic support necessary to support existing schools and open new schools to meet growing demand. The team regularly undertakes both capital and operating campaigns across multiple regions and as an organization, Uncommon has a long and extensive track record of fundraising success with many tenured and repeat donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The position requires a smart, detail-oriented, hard-working team player who can handle both mission-critical projects and administrative details with equal enthusiasm, efficiency, and attention to detail. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1) Building and maintaining team systems related to fundraising and donor relationship management, including prospect identification, research, cultivation, and stewardship.
2) Acting as all Development Team members’ data central point of contact, responsible for preparing, analyzing, and presenting data related to Uncommon’s donor relationships and fundraising history.
3) Maintaining up-to-date data and information for assigned donor relationships through Salesforce, an online data/donor management system.
4) Supporting the organization, project management, and execution of fundraising events.
5) Coordinating and managing logistics and communications for donor visits, donor presentations, and corporate volunteer events.
6) Overseeing the allocation of grants with the Uncommon Finance Team and ensuring fidelity to existing systems and procedures to ensure accuracy and accountability.
7) Supporting the project management, writing, and preparation of grant proposals and reports, as needed.
8) Demonstrating professionalism when working with internal and external stakeholders.
9) Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very strong organizational skills; an obsessive attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong commitment to the organizational mission.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- Flexible; ability to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.