Full-Time Associate Director of Financial Management
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Associate Director of Financial Management will support the Senior Associate Director of Financial Management on key aspects of financial management including, but not limited to, supporting the annual budgeting process, the management of budgets throughout the year and financial analysis as necessary. The Associate Director of Financial Management will work closely with the members of the team to assist with team initiatives and projects, and reporting and compliance, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the annual school budget development process through
- Aiding with select financial projections (e.g., core aid, benefits),
- Assisting with regional “pre-budgeting” analysis and recommendations
- Conducting budget meetings with school and regional leaders, and
- Working with the Senior Associate Director of Financial Management to achieve sound financial budgets for all entities.
- Manages aspects of the financial management process, including
- Conducting quarterly financial calls to review budgets with school operations leaders and regional Chief Operating Officers; works with the Director of Financial Management to synthesize the budget update for regional leadership and manage any issues that arise.
- Reviewing monthly financial reports
- Maintains regional financial models with current and accurate financial information.
- Builds and updates tools and templates used to support the financial management process (e.g., tools for budgeting, dashboards).
- Conducts financial management trainings for Directors of Operations to support their in understanding financial management, financial reports and budgeting.
- Provides support to the Senior Associate Director of Financial Management in financial analysis to ensure sound financial decisions that support a sustainable long term model for all Uncommon regions.
- Manages progress reporting on Finance team’s performance management measures.
- Conducts research required for strategic team initiatives, special projects, and other special requests for Finance information.
- Performs various administrative and other related duties as assigned and required by the role.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Senior Associate Director of Financial Management and works closely with the entire Financial Management and Accounting teams; interacts with all Home Office personnel and school based teams.
- Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- An obsessive attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, internet research, etc.)
2) Educational background:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in non-profit development, accounting, or public sector finance preferred.
- Experience in K-12 public education preferred.
How to Apply
Apply online: http://www.uncommonschools.org/careers