Full-Time Associate Director of Operations (New Jersey)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Associate Director of School Operations (New Jersey & Massachusetts)
Location(s): Newark, monthly travel will be required between all regions that the MDO manages to provide in-person support to the MDO
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding schools in grades K through 12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. We are the largest public charter school network in the Northeast, and one of the highest performing. Our mission is to open and operate outstanding public charter schools that close the opportunity gap in low-income neighborhoods and prepare students for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission today.
TEAM & ROLE OVERVIEW
The Associate Director of School Operations (ADSO) directly supports and reports to one Managing Director of Operations (MDO). The MDO is responsible for ensuring high-quality school operations in the regions that they manage. The ADSO will take on key operational and communications responsibilities that support the MDO in developing school leaders and ensuring outstanding school operations and student achievement within their regions. The ADSO will work closely with their MDO, Associate Chief Operating Officers (ACOOs) who are managed by the MDO, and the entire Chief of Operations team (Chief of Staff, Senior Associate Director of School Operations, etc.) to ensure that the MDO is driving towards key operational outcomes.
We are seeking an organized, enthusiastic, and urgent team player who can effectively and proactively support their MDO’s work across multiple regions. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all meetings and professional development sessions driven by the MDO:
- Proposing meeting topics and format for MDO review
- Preparing agendas, materials, and logistics for all meetings
- Liaising with senior leaders across Uncommon to ensure meetings are efficient and effective
- Tracking and holding others accountable for core decisions and action steps
- Note-taking and driving all meeting follow-up
- Driving significant regional projects to support school operations and regional leadership for the MDO (e.g. staff retreats, culture initiatives, mid-year evaluation processes, salary and compensation protocols).
- Managing communications with key stakeholders by writing and editing email correspondence and other written materials on behalf of the MDO.
- Ensuring the MDO’s time is maximized by expertly managing their calendar through prioritization of appointments, efficient booking of travel, and arranging in-person and virtual meetings.
- Tracking, prioritizing, and holding the MDO and their school leaders accountable for tasks and project milestones to ensure progress to strategic goals.
- Performing general administrative duties, including preparing and managing expense reimbursements, as needed.
- Additional special projects as assigned.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; ability to demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to create and execute flawlessly on project plans, protocols, and systems, including execution of large events and complex cross-regional initiatives.
- Extremely receptive to feedback and constantly striving for high standards of excellence.
- Strong prioritization skills amidst many competing, high-leverage, high-impact priorities.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with varied audiences (e.g. MDO, ACOOs, Chief of Operations, Home Office team leaders).
- Ability to “manage up” and work proactively with senior leaders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-change organization and work autonomously in the midst of possible ambiguity.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- 2-4 years of experience in school or non-profit operations.
- Strong commitment to the organizational mission.
- A bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
|Would you like to apply to this job?|