Full-Time Associate Director of Operations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Associate Director of Operations
ABOUT UNCOMMON SCHOOLS
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. Uncommon builds uncommonly great schools by developing and managing regional networks that are philosophically aligned and highly accountable, and by designing and implementing “best-in-class” teacher training.
ABOUT THE K-12 CONTENT DEVELOPMENT TEAM
The K-12 Content Development Team’s purpose is to identify, codify, and disseminate best instructional practices to all Uncommon educators. We support the professional growth of our staff by sharing distinctive knowledge about effective teaching and leading across classrooms, campuses, and regions. Naming and sharing instructor actions that drive student learning is how we ensure all Uncommon students achieve the results that distinguish our network as one of the top-performing CMOs in the country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Director of Operations is a key role that supports the K-12 Content Development Team by:
- Coordinating all logistics for high-stakes workshops and professional development, ranging from small sessions for 20-30 people to annual retreats for thousands
- Building and maintaining comprehensive, masterful project plans that ensure all tasks are completed effectively and efficiently, and can easily be communicated to others on the K-12 Content Development Team
- Prioritizing well-crafted communication with extreme attention to detail before, during, and after professional development events
- Executing all day-of logistics and ensuring plans are carried out smoothly and efficiently, including day-of ops support, registration, travel arrangements, etc.
- Engaging in deep levels of reflection to capture success points and areas for growth following all events
- Working with teammates to ensure all deliverables remain on track and are completed to excellence
- Seeking out and securing venues and meeting spaces, and ensuring all equipment and AV are set up to meet presenter needs
- Preparing and distributing all session materials including presenters’ materials, agenda, participant lists, and invitations
- Engaging in “all hands” needs from the team, including logistics and operations for cross-regional PDs
- Other projects as needed
- Performing general clerical duties as needed
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to manage multiple large-scale projects with excellent attention to detail, seamlessly zooming in and out from the to the grandiose
- Strong team orientation and the ability to work and the ability to communicate well with team members
- Reflectiveness and openness to feedback with a hunger to always improve and innovate
- A positive and upbeat attitude with the highest level of service and responsibility
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven history of multi-tasking, event planning, and time management
- High level of flexibility and the ability to monitor and adjust
- The ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly resourceful and problem-solving team player, with the ability to be extremely effective independently as well