Full-Time Associate Director of School Support
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Associate Director of School Support, Uncommon New York City
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. Uncommon builds uncommonly great schools by developing and managing regional networks that are philosophically aligned and highly accountable and by designing and implementing “best-in-class” teacher training. The organization has achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones. Its schools consistently outperform their district schools and are among the highest-performing urban schools in their cities and states. To learn more about Uncommon click here.
Associate Director of School Support, Uncommon New York City – Recognizing our position as Uncommon’s largest region with 24 schools serving nearly 8,000 students in the 18-19 school year, the New York City region of Uncommon seeks an Associate Director of School Support to play an integral role in designing and implementing an annual student recruitment and enrollment plan that aligns with Uncommon Schools NYC’s goals and priorities. The Associate Director of School Support will collaborate with Directors of Operations, School Operations Team Members and across various departments – including School Support, Marketing, External Relations, IT, Data and Analytics, and Finance – to ensure a comprehensive regional student recruitment strategy, including: planning, data management, outreach, and marketing.
The primary role of the Associate Director of School Support is to oversee the student recruitment and enrollment strategy and drive execution on a number of student recruitment and enrollment activities/projects to support all Uncommon Schools with enrollment. The ideal candidate will increase school and regional operational efficiency throughout the recruitment and enrollment process by analyzing trends; developing and sharing best practice; training and coaching school staff on effective recruitment and enrollment strategies and practices; effectively roll out region-wide initiatives and/or modifications to support schools with full enrollment. The Associate Director of School Support reports to the Director of School Support and works closely with Directors of Operations, School Operation Teams, the Associate Chief Operating Officers, Chief Operating Officer, Senior Advisor, Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Senior Associate Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Brooklyn Regional Team Coordinator, and the Special Assistant to COO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regional Student Recruitment and Enrollment Strategy and Planning
- Annually assess and update the regional enrollment strategy based on analysis of demographics, application and enrollment data, and community needs.
- Oversee the execution of Uncommon’s regional enrollment strategy – including both new student recruitment and the successful matriculation of current students from elementary school to middle school and middle school to high school.
- Drive execution on a number of student recruitment and enrollment activities/projects including:
- Creation and presentation of the overall student recruitment and enrollment vision/ strategy to Regional Team, Directors of Operations, and School Operations Team Members.
- Collaboration with School Operations team members to manage the student lottery and waitlist management software (SchoolMint)
- Training school based operations teams on the application, lottery and enrollment.
- Collaboration with the Marketing team on the development of standardized marketing collateral and online/offline campaign strategies for attracting new and prospective families
- Reporting to regional and school teams on progress towards enrollment goals School-level Student Recruitment.
- Hiring and managing Student Recruitment Associate temporary staff from January – May
- Create and disseminate regional communications to various stakeholders (e.g. DOOs, School Operations team, families, etc.)
- Arrange tours for external visitor groups
- Support special projects and other tasks as needed
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in school operations, student recruitment, talent recruitment, community organizing or advocacy, marketing, or sales
- Very strong organizational skills and writing skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented in supporting complex, deadline-driven operations
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible
- Ability to drive initiatives resulting from meetings with various stakeholders (e.g. team meetings, management meetings, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail and follow through on all items within demanding timelines
- Able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well in a team and provide comprehensive support to members of the operational team
- Upbeat, positive, outgoing, and personable