Full-Time Associate Director of Recruitment, Outreach
Works with the Director of Recruitment in developing and implementing national and regional recruitment strategies specifically focused on school leadership and Home Office hiring.
- Manages internal and external relationships to build pipelines.
- Demonstrates and articulates a thorough understanding of Uncommon Schools and communicates enthusiastically to candidates the benefits and merits of working here as a school leader or Home Office employee to a wide variety of potential candidates.
- Manages candidate relationships from initial touch point to the point of application submission.
- Researches various advertising mediums for posting roles and places advertisements accordingly.
- Frequently attends career fairs and other networking events targeted at high-profile candidates.
- Conducts extensive outreach and networking via phone, correspondence, and in-person meetings with undergraduate and graduate schools, service organizations, and affinity groups to build Uncommon and its schools’ visibility and to attract candidates.
- Coordinates long-term cultivation strategy and execution for candidates and potential candidates.
- Performs other related duties as required, as assigned.
- Travel to Uncommon regions and nationally, as assigned.
Reports to Director of Recruitment. Works closely with other recruiters supporting school leadership and Home Office pipelines external partners.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to talent work, previous recruitment experience strongly preferred
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to develop systems that are efficient and scalable
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision making
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to influence proven school leaders and other professionals across the educator, nonprofit, and private sector to join Uncommon Schools
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- High sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present effectively to diverse audiences
- Professional demeanor with the ability to facilitate decision-making amongst multiple parties
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree required
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.
How to Apply
Apply online here