Full-Time Associate Director of Special Projects
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Associate Director of Special Projects serves as the office manager for Uncommon’s Home Office and works closely with the Uncommon Executive Team and other senior leaders to support a variety of special projects and initiatives for the Home Office. This position offers the opportunity to learn and grow within a high-performing charter network while strengthening the effectiveness and efficiency of Home Office processes and systems. The Associate Director of Special Projects is a member of the Special Projects Team and reports directly to the Senior Director of Special Projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer and execute on Home Office processes, and develop efficient systems for the work. Responsibilities include:
- Managing office supplies including ordering, inventory, organization, and vendor invoices.
- Executing logistics for Home Office and Regional Team meetings, retreats, and other events. Examples of activities required include setting up technology for video conferencing, coordinating catering, reserving meeting space, and printing meeting materials.
- Composing the Home Office newsletter.
- Performing general clerical duties, including photocopying and mailing.
- Strengthening Home Office culture by identifying areas to improve information-sharing and facilitating connection across teams and individuals.
- Support the Executive Team and Senior Director of Special Projects with administrative tasks, such as:
- Completing and submitting expense reports.
- Taking meeting notes and sharing next steps with key stakeholders, as needed.
- Manage special projects or initiatives as identified by members of the Uncommon Executive team and Senior Director of Special Projects, including:
- Developing and maintaining key reference documents including organizational charts, school calendars, and school contact lists.
- Coordinating Home Office volunteering in schools.
- Supporting special school-, network-, and Uncommon-wide projects, including:
- Writing/revising communications
- Development of Executive Team presentations to key internal and external audiences
- Researching and summarizing education policy and trends
- Data management and analysis
- Interest in and aptitude for handling a wide variety of responsibilities at once in a very hands-on manner, with excellent attention to detail and consistent high quality of output
- Interest in and aptitude for independently managing administrative tasks as well as engaging in project-based work at varying levels of complexity
- Upbeat, positive, and operates with a service-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization and project management skills – ability to see the big picture and to manage the small details, and to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in the face of competing demands
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when appropriate
- Strong work ethic and commitment to high standards of excellence coupled with an enthusiastic approach to one’s work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required
How to Apply
Apply online: http://uncommonschools.force.com/careers