Full-Time Associate, Investor Relations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
LOCATION: New York City
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Investor Relations
The END Fund is a leading philanthropic investment vehicle with a mission to control or eliminate diseases that affect the world’s poorest people, specifically five of the most prevalent neglected tropical diseases (NTDs): intestinal worms, river blindness, trachoma, schistosomiasis and lymphatic filariasis. In the first five years since the END Fund’s inception (2012-2016), the team mobilized more than $75 million in private investments and supported delivery of over 331 million treatments, training of more than 750,000 health workers, and provision of over 10,000 surgeries for people suffering from these preventable and controllable diseases. In 2017 alone, the END Fund supported partners to provide over 160 million NTD treatments (valued at over $330 million) to more than 90 million people at risk of NTDs in 23 countries. In a short time, the END Fund has thus established a strong track record in private philanthropic giving.
The END Fund accomplishes its mission by:
· Mobilizing and investing resources to where they can have maximum impact;
· Advocating for innovative, integrated and cost-effective NTD programs; and
· Facilitating private sector engagement to end diseases of poverty.
The END Fund’s strategic programming and priorities are in line with the WHO and global NTD community’s common roadmap to control or eliminate the most common NTDs. The END Fund has a special emphasis on Africa and currently supports NTD programs in 10 strategic priority countries in Africa and an additional 12 to 15 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. The END Fund is actively seeking to expand its community of visionary and engaged philanthropists, foundations, and corporations committed to treating and preventing the spread of NTDs. Ensuring organizational learning and evidence-based decision making is integral to this growth strategy.
A key member of the END Fund’s New York-based team, the Associate, Investor Relations’ primary role will be to support the day to day management and activities related to executing the END Fund’s strategic fundraising goals. This position will report to the Vice President, Investor Relations, and work closely with other members of the Investor Relations team to ensure all fundraising activities and initiatives run efficiently and effectively. The Associate will support team members in managing a portfolio of current and prospective investors and raising awareness of the END Fund within the global philanthropic sector. The associate will also provide critical administrative support to the Investor Relations team.
Donor relations and team support
- Assist in managing an expanding portfolio of Foundation, Corporate, and Individual investors
- Manage the donor acknowledgment process (drafting, editing, personalizing thank you notes, etc.) in coordination with the fellow Associate and online donation platforms
- Manage multiple calendars and assist with scheduling internal and external meetings and events, coordinating follow up where needed
- Update and maintain key contacts, organizations, and metrics in CRM database (Salesforce), pulling reports and tracking relevant deadlines
- Update monthly expenditures for key team members into expense recording systems
- Support in the management of donor outreach materials and special fundraising campaigns
- Assist with preparing meeting and travel logistics for key team members
- Draft donor outreach materials such as proposals, concept notes, grant reports, and donor correspondence, as well as coordinating with Finance, Programs, and other teams as necessary to develop full proposals and reports for various donors in the END Fund’s portfolio
- Assist in conducting prospect research of potential major donors, corporations, and foundations and maintain in pipeline
- Support coordination of logistics and creation of materials for donor trips, events, and conferences
- Coordinate with vendors as needed (donation platforms, consultants, etc.)
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Limited domestic and international travel may be required
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years working experience in a non-profit organization with fundraising and administrative experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of various software and computer programs, including Microsoft Office, Google, teleconferencing systems, and willingness to learn more if needed
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other fundraising CRM systems, working with finance teams, writing, and researching is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a collaborative team
- Confidence and poise to interact regularly with senior colleagues inside the organization as well as partners, foundations, corporate donors, and high-net worth individuals via e-mail, phone, and in-person interaction
- Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to ask for help when needed
- Flexibility and willingness to join a growing organization at an exciting time in the development of the community
- Familiarity with global health issues and NTDs specifically, and/or an interest to learn
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity
How to Apply
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with Associate, Investor Relations in the subject Line. Please no phone calls or additional emails to staff.