Full-Time Business Development Director
- Be at the center of the “deal team” from start to end. These accountabilities include:
– leading or serving as the CEO’s right hand in meetings and calls
– leading on calls with key stakeholders to push the deal forward and navigate strategically through a complex organization
– strategizing on the arc of the sale
– leading in the proposal phase
– managing the deal team
- Manage Enterprise Sales Associates who are supporting members of the deal team
- Craft the deal proposals and pitch presentations, working closely with the Enterprise Sales lead / CEO to bring leads to close
- Work closely with the Enterprise Accounts Team to ensure proper handoff from Sales to Accounts and to set up the new client for success; work with the Enterprise Accounts Team to strategically position the account for renewal
- Work with the Product, Tech, and Accounts Teams to continually improve the design of our solution to meet the client’s strategic objectives and best serve Catchafire’s long-term mission
- Represent Catchafire at conferences and events as a speaker, panelist, or facilitator
- Manage through relationships: You understand what it takes to get things done in a complex organization with many decision makers, and you are able to motivate different individuals up and down an organization to take action. You can effectively read people to know what is going on in the room in order to calibrate the level of interaction in a variety of scenarios. You see opportunities via relationships; you create a sense of mutual accountability, inspire action, and follow up effectively to ensure momentum.
- Entrepreneurial: You maximize the resources around you to chart a path to the goal.
- Keep many balls in the air: You are efficient and organized. You can take in a range of events at different levels of urgency and importance, formulate responses, and keep progress going on many fronts at once.
- Rainmaker: You have demonstrated ability to sustain relationships and to create demand in the context of client relationships. You are able to capitalize on the channel heads to serve and retain clients.
- Structured delegator: You give clear, well-defined assignments, and you rely on people to own significant responsibilities, and you hold them accountable. Your scope is less of a “classic head of sales” and more of a deeply engaged cross-collaborator who is probing issues and execution rigorously and ensuring that systems and processes are in place to service clients. An effective leader in this role can engage their team without falling into destructive micro-management, going deep while still conveying respect for team members and commitment to team members making and owning decisions.
- Visualize path to goal: You are extremely strategic. You understand how decisions get made, you can take in multiple inputs at the same time, and you evaluate what choices are on the table in order to take action and chart a path forward. You are a seasoned project manager.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
You must have:
- 8+ years of relevant experience and success working with large enterprise clients, ideally having been in more than one kind of B2B accounts or sales role. Our sale is a large (six to seven digits), complex sale to C-Suite executives at large foundations and Fortune 500 companies
- Experience that establishes an intuitive understanding of how large corporations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different companies and/or large foundations. Ideally, both.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills
It would be great if you had:
- Startup life experience
- Work experience in the nonprofit or foundation sector is a significant plus
- Leadership and management experience
**Depending on your level of relevant experience, you may be qualified for the Business Development VP or Lead role
How to Apply
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include " Business Development Director" in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) What is your personal philosophy on work? This position is based in New York City.