Internship Business Development Intern
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Enthusiastic college student or recent graduate with interest in social enterprise and international development to assist our Business Development team in New York.
New York City
The Business Development team is seeking strong candidates for an internship in our New York office. This position will allow a student to work in a professional setting for a growing social enterprise. It will primarily focus on the systems and structures that need to be in place to support a global business development team, providing the opportunity to become fluent in foundational aspects of any nonprofit development department.
- Donor and prospect research – Conduct targeted research on existing donors and prospects; Analyze and synthesize demographic, philanthropic and financial data about individuals, corporations and foundations; Become familiar with the Business Development team’s Research Protocol, Research Tracker and online prospecting tools, and fulfill team-wide requests accordingly.
- Data entry for prospect pipeline project – Use excel to enter, clean and code prospect research data.
- Coordinate logistics of quarterly renewal – Manage mail merges, printing, and assembly of One Acre Fund’s Q2 solicitation mailing. Further coordination opportunities available for candidates with past development experience.
- Technical updates – Work with team to update information in our Salesforce database.
- Assist in general Business Development functions – Support a variety of projects, including Gala preparation (event planning) and donor communications.
- Pipeline Development ‘Lab’ – Offer research, writing and logistical support to the team’s efforts to trial novel pipeline development strategies.
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills- even at the intern level. Your manager will invest time in your professional development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and a final performance review upon completion of the internship period. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to help develop the skills that would put you on your desired career track.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for a competitive internship position. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional recent graduates or students with at least two years of university coursework completed (i.e. rising Juniors)
- Strong work experiences. Examples include summer jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school.
- Past research experience, including proven success analyzing and synthesizing data (donor research experience preferred)
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, with prior experience using Excel and Word to successfully complete mail merges.
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA on your resume).
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likeable team. We are looking for passionate students that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks with different Business Development team members.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team depending on the project
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
June 1, 2017
How to Apply
To apply, please visit this link and apply through our website.