Full-Time Business Development Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Join us! Visit.org is an NYC-based for-profit travel startup and the world’s leading platform for travel with a cause: immersive day experiences hosted by local “do-good” organizations. 100% of host revenue is invested back into the local community. Visit.org offers thousands of experiences in 80 countries. We believe that by 2020, every trip itinerary will include at least a half-day activity with a cause. We are looking for a brilliant, motivated business development manager to join our team.
Role and responsibilities
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key and potential clients, interacting with business partners and providing expert knowledge and support to ensure operational excellence
- Identify sales and services that would appeal to new clients
- Monitor key accounts performance trends and determine appropriate actions to address any issues to optimize the business and deliver best-in-class customer service
- Serve as a key player in budgeting and sales volume planning, tracking, and reporting, and compile relevant reports for management use
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities
- Research market and industry trends
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Analyze performance data and design and implement sales strategy accordingly
- Initiate and innovate! We encourage ideas and suggestions and the opportunity to grow within our company
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 3-5 years of business development other relevant experience
- Deep understanding of and background in corporate HR is preferred
- Customer service oriented
- Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business requirements of senior decision makers
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Ability to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Knowledge of the market and industry
- High degree of self-motivation. Must be able to plan and execute work both independently and as a team member
- Familiar with and excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once.
- Must be a fast learner and self-starter
Timeline & Commitment:
This is a full-time, NYC-based position with a competitive salary.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.