Temporary Camp Fiver Health Fellow
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Location: New York City, NY & Poolville, NY Dates: May 30 – August 18, 2017
Compensation: $667/week stipend, up to 5% bonus Apply: online by March 26, 2017
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, college students and recent college graduates, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment. More details about our organization can be found on our website.
The Fiver Children’s Foundation is a comprehensive youth development organization that makes a 10-year commitment to children from underserved communities throughout New York City and central New York. Through character-building summer and year-round out-of-school time programs, Fiver empowers children to make ethical and healthy decisions, to become engaged citizens, and to succeed in school, careers, and life.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will …
- Enhance Camp Fiver’s Health Education and Sports programming by creating and facilitating more formalized curricula in health and sports programming as curricula as a part of a residential summer camp program, Camp Fiver
- Program development, from May 30 – June 23, in Fiver’s NYC Office
- Working directly with youth including facilitating above programming at Camp Fiver in Poolville, NY from June 25-August 18 (room & board provided)
- During camp, you will maintain the responsibilities of Camp Staff including working six-days per week
- Attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Portland, OR May 30 – June 2 (expenses covered)
- Fundraise $500
- Weekly FLIA responsibilities including check-in’s
- Submit final report
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism
How to Apply
Apply via our website at www.futureleadersinaction.org/apply by March 26th.