Full-Time Campaign Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Campaign Coordinator | The Chasing Coral Campaign
Job term: Full‐time. One-year contract with the opportunity to extend.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: May 1st or earlier (negotiable)
Location: At Exposure Labs HQ in Boulder, CO or remote. We are building a semi-remote team so open to candidates based anywhere in the United States.
Closing date: March 31st, 2017.
About Exposure Labs
Exposure Labs is the team behind the Academy Award-nominated film Chasing Ice. Founded by Director Jeff Orlowski in 2009, Exposure Labs is dedicated to impact through film, and strives to tackle projects of environmental, social, and political importance.
We are currently looking to fill several roles on our impact team for our latest feature film, Chasing Coral. Premiering at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and taking home the Audience Award, the film continues the conversation begun with Chasing Ice, shifting focus to one of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet: coral reefs.
Our campaign aims to make a big splash (pun intended!) and capture the opportunity around Chasing Coral’s worldwide release on Netflix. With the film at the center, our goal is to strengthen local movements advancing climate solutions across the United States.
We believe passionately in the power of storytelling to change the world.
We engage everyone with respect and humility. We approach conversations with an open mind, recognizing the need to unite not divide people around the challenges we face.
We are a small (but growing!) team. Our culture is fast-paced and intense — and also close-knit and collaborative. We work flexible hours with the energy of a start-up. We value big ideas and creative thinking. We love working with good people who have a positive attitude and friendly spirit.
If you are looking for a structured 9 to 5 job, then Exposure Labs might not be the best home for you. But if you’re looking for a fun, energizing, and rewarding work environment that will push you every single day, then we want to hear from you.
As we set-up our efforts, we are on the hunt for a new team member who can expand the capacity of our small team by supporting and coordinating everything that’s happening with the campaign team. Responsibilities include:
- Handling daily email correspondence with key stakeholders and strategic relationships
- Coordinating events and screenings around the world
- Facilitate weekly team meetings and assembling detailed updates.
- Providing general administrative support to all members of the Campaign Team (coordinating travel, setting up meetings, etc.)
- Manage our database of supporters and friends
- Drafting and editing materials and communications.
- Contributing to special projects as needed including proposal writing, relationship building, donor reporting.
- Managing the recruitment and daily supervision of a team of interns.
- You are incredibly organized. You rarely miss a beat. You love being the hub of the wheel, and keeping everyone on task and on schedule.
- You are a go-getter. You have a tenacious spirit. You get things done.
- You communicate clearly and professionally. You are a concise and clear writer. You can easily adapt your style to suit everyone from CEOs to fifth graders.
- You are a relationship builder. You love meeting new people, and have a knack for building relationships with different kinds of people.
- You’re committed to excellence. You believe that if something is worth doing, it is worth doing right—every single time.
Even better if you have experience:
- Managing events and coordinating projects
- Working on CRM systems and other data management platforms
- Managing donors, boards and/or influential supporters
- Experience project managing the development of websites
- Working in environmental movement, political organizing and/or around city-level policy advocacy.
How to Apply
Application Process: Please submit your resume and a cover letter via email. Make sure it has the subject line “CC: Your Name" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You will, however, receive an email confirmation acknowledging receipt of your online application. For selected candidates, our application process will include an initial Skype interview, a micro-assignment and final interview. Exposure Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants on the basis of merit regardless of their race, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.