Full-Time Campaign Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Campaign Manager | The Chasing Coral Campaign
Job term: Full‐time. One-year contract with the opportunity to extend.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: May 1st, 2017 (negotiable)
Location: At Exposure Labs HQ in Boulder, CO or remote. We are building a semi-remote team so open to candidates based anywhere in the United States.
Closing date: March 31st, 2017.
About Exposure Labs
Exposure Labs is the team behind the Academy Award-nominated film Chasing Ice. Founded by Director Jeff Orlowski in 2009, Exposure Labs is dedicated to impact through film, and strives to tackle projects of environmental, social, and political importance.
We are currently looking to fill several roles on our impact team for our latest feature film, Chasing Coral. Premiering at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and taking home the Audience Award, the film continues the conversation begun with Chasing Ice, shifting focus to one of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet: coral reefs.
Our campaign aims to make a big splash (pun intended!) and capture the opportunity around Chasing Coral’s worldwide release on Netflix. With the film at the center, our goal is to strengthen local movements advancing climate solutions across the United States.
We believe passionately in the power of storytelling to change the world.
We engage everyone with respect and humility. We approach conversations with an open mind, recognizing the need to unite not divide people around the challenges we face.
We are a small (but growing!) team. Our culture is fast-paced and intense — and also close-knit and collaborative. We work flexible hours with the energy of a start-up. We value big ideas and creative thinking. We love working with good people who have a positive attitude and friendly spirit.
If you are looking for a structured 9-5 job, then Exposure Labs might not be the best home for you. But if you’re looking for a fun, energizing, and rewarding work environment that will push you every single day, then we want to hear from you.
The Campaign Manager will report directly to the Director of Impact. As we start-up our impact campaign around the film’s launch, we’re on the hunt for a team member who can balance the big picture and nitty-gritty execution to:
- Manage communications – building a core brand identity, act as the voice of the organization across social media, web and ongoing e-mail communications in US and globally-focused campaigns.
- Manage communities – activate supporters in our different fast-growing communities through ongoing engagement, programming and communications both on- and offline.
- Manage customer service – communicate with our grassroots supporters, local champions and ensuring timely engagement across different channels.
- Manage technology and tools – liaising with different stakeholders to define and execute on projects relating to the Chasing Coral web platform, screening toolkits and other digital platforms.
- You are incredibly organized and process oriented. You love being the hub of the wheel, and keeping everyone on task and on schedule. You are excited to find faster, more efficient ways to coordinate work and get to the finish line.
- You are a builder. Creating things from scratch excites you—whether it’s a multi‐year strategy or a newsletter template.
- You are a savvy with technology. You know the difference between a CRM and CMS platform. You are excited by the power of technology to scale and have good instincts about the right tech required for the job. You learn other tools quickly.
- You are an exceptional writer. You are able to produce professional web copy, blog posts, tweets, and emails.
- You have an eye for detail. You’re able to easily spot mistakes and avoid making them. You have a strong design aesthetic and clear opinions on what you like and don’t.
- You’re committed to excellence. You believe that if something is worth doing, it is worth doing right—every single time.
- You’re a self-starter. You are happy working on a team or independently, and self-motivated to get the job done to a high standard. You’re resourceful and are a whiz at finding creative solutions.
Even better if you have:
- Experience community organizing and/or advocacy and/or political campaigns
- Familiarity with Mailchimp, CRM systems and other data management platforms
- Experience project managing the development of websites
- Working in environmental movement, political organizing and/or around city-level policy advocacy.
- An undergraduate degree in political science, environmental science, journalism or a related field.
How to Apply
Application Process: Please submit your resume and cover letter via email. Make sure it has the subject line “CM: Your Name" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You will, however, receive an email confirmation acknowledging receipt of your online application. For selected candidates, our application process will include an initial Skype interview, a micro-assignment and final interview. Exposure Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants on the basis of merit regardless of their race, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.