Full-Time Campaign Organizer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Fair Share is hiring a Campaign Organizer to build support outside the beltway for our national campaigns for an economy that works for all of us.
Fair Share stands for an America where everyone gets their fair share, pays their fair share, and does their fair share; and where everybody plays by the same rules. Through advocacy, outreach and grassroots lobbying, Fair Share presses the government to achieve common-sense solutions to real problems in people’s lives. We emphasize organizing efforts which enlist a broad array of supporters with our practical, solutions-oriented approach. Fair Share also helps elect leaders who will work for real solutions that benefit all. All the while, we continue to build up our presence in the states, expanding our base of support, and ensuring that we are ready and strong for future fights.
The campaign organizer will primarily focus on digital and traditional communications and coalition organizing. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Campaign Communications: We need to spread the word. You’ll develop and execute digital and traditional media plans for building political support for our agenda
• Coalition Organizing: We need to build support. You’ll lead organizing efforts to sign on VIPs and other organizations to our leading campaigns.
• Fundraising: We need money to do our work. You’ll work with our digital staff to build and develop our membership and support base.
• Staff recruitment: We need more people on our team. You’ll help us find and recruit good staff.
• List building: We’re in this for the long haul. You’ll build for the future by building and maintaining excellent lists of contacts you meet through all of the above activities.
• Are smart
• Can walk into a room and make friends
• Can write and speak persuasively and boil down complex issues
• Have built something from scratch and have demonstrated leadership experience
• Sweat the details
• Have organizing experience, but are also are eager to learn
• Are ready to fight for a better world, but don’t see everyone who disagrees with you as the enemy
• Can make a two year commitment to the position
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation for this position is commensurate with relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees. Fair Share offers a competitive benefits package.
Fair Share is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
How to Apply
Apply online at http://bit.ly/2njjH6v