Temporary Campaign Staff
The Fund for the Public Interest is seeking hard-working individuals with good communication skills and a passion for social change to fill our campaign staff positions across the country this summer. We are working to ban polystyrene, or what most people think of as Styrofoam. If you are looking to make a difference working to protect the environment and public health, gain real-world work experience and skills you can use, make money and work with great people, then this is the job for you.
The Fund for the Public Interest is a national, non-profit organization that runs campaigns for America’s leading environmental and social change organizations. We launched the Fund in 1982 to help find ways to engage people on the most pressing problems of our day and turn that support into solutions. By having face-to-face one-on-one conversations we give thousands, sometimes millions, of people the opportunity for their voices’ to be heard through petitions, emails, small donations and meetings. That’s people power, and that’s what it takes to make change.
We work alongside groups such as U.S. PIRG and Environment America on a wide range of campaigns including reducing global warming pollution, and protecting public health by keeping our antibiotics safe and effective.
Currently, we have paid Canvasser and Field Manager positions open in 30+ cities across the country. These are full-time summer positions available from April through August at an average of $10-15/hr.
- Help the directors launch the campaign and build a team of staff this summer
- Build membership and raise money for environmental and social change groups
- Educate and engage citizens on pressing issues
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of staff in the office and in the field
- Meet with the directors each week to evaluate progress and provide input on hiring decisions, goals, and priorities
You will also have the opportunity to organize press conferences and build coalitions with other non-profit organizations. While on staff, you will gain knowledge of pressing concerns facing our country, learn how to effectively generate public support, and obtain a firm understanding of the political process.
Why Apply? You should apply if you want to…
- Make a real difference on these issues
- Get experience with grassroots mobilization, fundraising, and working with the media
- Gain the skills and connections needed to launch a career in non-profit, political, or grassroots organizing
- Earn an average of $6,000-8,000 this summer working for something you believe in
- Build long-lasting relationships with a team of people from all across the country who share your interests and concerns on important issues
- Passion for social change
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Previous experience with staff management or leadership may improve candidacy.
To apply online, visit: www.summerjobsthatmatter.org