Full-Time Chief Financial Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
buildOn is seeking an experienced and committed Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to chart the financial direction of the organization and serve as strategic and tactical financial expert. The CFO will lead the U.S. and global finance team in seven countries, all human resources, recruiting and data operations. She/he will set the vision and direction for both short and long-term budgeting, forecasting, analysis, all financial reporting, auditing and data platform management in order to support a high-growth social impact enterprise with operations across the United States and in seven developing countries. This individual will balance a strong vision for leading their teams with a hands-on approach to managing the financial operations, data platforms, and human resources for an agile, fast-paced, $20 million organization.
The CFO must have a genuine passion for the mission of buildOn and the ability to inspire and guide those around her/him to come together around the mission. S/he will lead their teams by example and in a strategic, collaborative manner. They must demonstrate a keen understanding of the financial and administrative functions that they will be responsible for. Reporting directly to the CEO and with significant interaction with the national Board of Directors, the CFO will be a key member of the strategic leadership team. This role is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, motivated finance leader to join the movement and help to lead an innovative, award-winning organization and as we continue to grow and change the world!
- Develop and implement a vision for the U.S. and global finance team in alignment with the strategic plan
- Provide leadership, direction and supervision to financial and human resources staff and oversee the day-to-day operations of the buildOn finance function.
- Provide leadership to the Data and Operations function which is responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of data in all countries and all departments, using the Salesforce platform. The operations function is also responsible for technology and facilities.
- Work with department heads to develop the annual and three-year budget for approval by the CEO and the national Board of Directors
- Generate monthly financial statements and reports which analyze all expenses, revenues and the balance sheet for the whole organization, each region, each country and each department.
- Generate a monthly financial dashboard which accurately forecasts cash position, revenue and expenses; help CEO and Board of Directors to “see around the corner”
- Provide leadership to a growing Human Resources department by overseeing staff, payroll and benefits administration and 403(b) plan management
- Manage the buildOn Fund Acting as an Endowment under the guidance of the Finance Committee
- Foster a culture of boundary spanning and collaboration across departments, regions and countries with the goal of increasing organization-wide financial transparency and ownership
- Ensure that the necessary systems and controls are in place to maintain compliance with the highest ethical standards as well as all applicable laws, regulations and requirements of funders
- Work closely with the Development Team to provide the necessary financial analysis and support for revenue generation
- Strengthen internal controls to manage cash flow, protect financial assets and ensure a focus on efficiencies and cost savings where possible
- Lead the annual audit process and act as primary liaison to the Audit Committee of the Board and the audit firm
- Prepare and manage all tax submissions to the IRS, including the Form 990
Manage insurance programs for both domestic and international programs, liability, directors and officers and worker’s compensation; negotiate annual renewals with vendors
- Ensure financial controls and procedures are streamlined and clear to all so as to ensure proper checks and balances and best practices
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to FinanceJobs@buildon.org