Full-Time Communications Assistant
The International Women’s Health Coalition (IWHC) seeks a Communications Assistant to support a dynamic, fast-paced team. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious collaborator who will play a key role in ensuring the team’s smooth operation, helping to elevate IWHC’s global profile, promote a feminist vision and further advocacy and fundraising goals. The Assistant will also work with team members to establish and implement protocols for the seamless production and launch of communications campaigns and products. The position is a unique opportunity to learn about the field of communications in the service of advocacy and provides insights into the women’s movement worldwide.
The role reports to the Director of Communications and works closely with the Program and Development teams, in addition to collaborating with other teams, partners, and coalitions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle daily postings on social media accounts in coordination with relevant team members; Help to plan and implement social media campaigns that inform and influence how people think about pivotal issues related to our work; drive community building and engagement in grassroots/political mobilization campaigns, as needed
- Update the IWHC website; assist in the production of digital features, campaigns or special projects; Create or assist in the creation/editing of graphics, short videos or other dynamic online content, including templates for use on IWHC’s online platforms or other presentations/publications
- Assist the Communications Director and other team members with administrative tasks; Prepare invoices and maintain physical and electronic records; maintain editorial calendar; help to implement protocols; draft minutes; schedule meetings and other internal communications
- Conduct research on a variety of topics related to IWHC’s mission and partners, and on events, media organizations, vendors and services for communications products
- Maintain targeted press lists; distribute press releases; Track, record and log IWHC media clips; work with Communications team members to prepare analytics reports on public engagement growth and ongoing projects
- Assist with video or photo shoots and support all manner of events, including logistics, physical or electronic presentations and collateral
- Handle equipment and collateral inventory as well as the logistics for the production and distribution of communications products (signage, collateral, publications etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, human rights, international relations or related field; working knowledge of French or Spanish is desired
- A minimum of 1-year experience in nonprofit communications; Flexibility to work occasional night and/or weekend hours
- Knowledge of WordPress, social media channels and general good practices
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to multitask, learn, and process information quickly while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff across an institution; strong team player with sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable or interested in advocacy communications, the global media landscape and multilateral institutions
- Strong analytical skills, general research and logistical support experience, service-oriented approach
- Commitment to IWHC’s mission and a strong interest in human rights, women’s rights, sexual and reproductive health and rights, policy advocacy and/or movement building
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including generous vacation time, and no employee contribution for employee-only medical, dental and vision coverage, among others. Please note that there may be a need to work additional hours, including evenings of special events.
How to Apply
Send cover letter (including ref. #CA2017) and resume to: Liisa Sweet-Korpivaara @ fax 212-979-9009, or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org