Full-Time Communications Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The full-time Communications Officer will work alongside the Girl Be Heard team (including a part-time Communications Associate and Social Media Fellow) to manage external communications and marketing by developing and implementing innovative strategies, crafting creative youth-engaging messaging, and growing the organization’s online presence and network. The Communications Officer will focus on managing day-to-day communications, and executing Girl Be Heard’s long-term, strategic communications goals.
- Update and strengthen media/press list, write press releases, and cultivate relationships with press to cover events and news.
- Prepare press kits and create other print and digital marketing collateral.
- Leverage social media platforms to open dialogue on current events, connect with our stakeholders, and engage potential funders and celebrity supporters
- Establish and ensure a consistent voice and clear posting system across all social media platforms.
- Oversee upcoming website migration and redesign, as well as ongoing web content maintenance.
- Produce story-driven, data-driven, and impactful print and digital content, including Girl Be Heard’s annual report and case statement.
- Monitor online engagement, utilize analytics to amend and refine strategy, and develop reports for staff and board members.
- Establish communications plan to ensure that all Girl Be Heard events and performances are adequately promoted through channels such as social media, email marketing, and the website.
- Develop marketing strategies to increase ticket sales and revenue from events and performances.
- Foster internal clarity and cohesion while guiding institutional memory.
- Liaise with board of directors’ communications committee to design and approve new marketing materials.
- Knowledge of a broad range of human rights issues affecting girls locally and globally with a commitment to equity and inclusion respecting differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socioeconomic circumstance.
- Committed to youth empowerment work.
- Inspired by peacebuilding, and commitment to building a world based on compassion, justice and love.
- Highly collaborative, flexible, responsive, positive, and kind.
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours if necessary.
- BA or BS in a communications, public relations, and/or marketing-related field.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and flair for using social networking speak.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, Constant Contact (or related email marketing platform), Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, website CMS systems (such as WordPress and SquareSpace), and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Photography/videography/graphic design experience a plus.
How to Apply
Send your resume with a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, your approach to working with young people, and why you would like to work with Girl Be Heard. Submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Communications Officer” – (your name)” in the subject line.