Internship Community Engagement Intern
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Background Information – Job-specific
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations, an initiative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security, and in their environmental, economic and financial well-being. The Alliance seeks to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at the institutional and civil society levels to overcome the prejudice, misperceptions and polarization that militate against such a consensus. The Alliance contributes to a global movement that rejects violent extremism.
UNAOC’s Secretariat is based in New York, NY. UNAOC is funded by multiple donors and supported by UNOPS.
- Provide support to overall Community engagement efforts:
- Manage and maintain the “Intercultural Leaders” website, a knowledge-exchange digital platform comprised of UNAOC alumni and mentors
- Manage and expand the membership of the platform by overseeing all user registrations, following up on user invitations, and ensuring that new user profiles are created
- Periodically select featured members from a pool of existing users by carefully reviewing their participation and engagement on the platform
- Research and identify potential mentors if needed
- Ensure that needs posted by members of Intercultural Leaders are met, including contacting parties involved, ensuring timely delivery of services, following-up on the status of projects, and compiling evaluation forms after deliverables have been met
- Provide monitoring and evaluation of the support received through the platform
- Research and share opportunities (seminars/conferences/training/grants) that may be of interest to the members
- Ensure a more engaging conversation among members and monitor opportunities of collaboration
- Encourage more members to post offers and/or requests for help
- Execute communication and outreach campaigns to ensure greater use of the platform
- Organize IL presentations (webinars, training, Skype calls) when needed
- Manage Intercultural Leaders Facebook Group and social media content
- Provide content for UNAOC reports/newsletters, etc. related to UNAOC members
- Create communication materials when needed
- Site maintenance:
- Liaise with web development team for technical support
- Identify opportunities to improve user experience
- Identify bugs and report bugs to the technical team
- Ensure that the platform is up and running perfectly, with minimal to zero downtime
- Provide monthly updates on overall user satisfaction; generate quarterly statistics report; compile events and activities of IL members
- Contribute, when needed, to the overall implementation of the Intercultural Innovation Award
Contract type, level and duration – Internship
Contract type: Internship
Contract level: N/A
Contract duration: 6 months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:
How to Apply
Please apply online at this link: https://www.unaoc.org/2017/08/vacancy-announcement-community-engagement-intern/