Full-Time Community Outreach Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Position is based at Mercado Global’s field office in Panajachel, Guatemala.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Community Outreach Manager is responsible for maintaining and building our base of private donors. The Community Outreach Manager manages our relationship with individual donors and manages the annual fundraising calendar, including donor communications, events, and donor trips. The position works closely with the rest of the development team, including the Development Director, is supported by interns, and collaborates with our Marketing Manager on the development of key marketing tools such as our annual report, newsletters and event invites.
Mercado Global seeks a Community Outreach Manager who is enthusiastic about the opportunity to help expand a cutting-edge model for fighting poverty and empowering women in rural Latin America. He/she should have strong self-initiative and leadership capabilities, strong interpersonal skills, a proven track record for maintaining and growing a private donors program, and a passion for our mission and work. The CO Manager is the organization’s key communications and relationship strategist.
This position provides fundraising professionals with the opportunity to help grow an innovative, cutting-edge model for empowering indigenous women artisans. The position provides the opportunity to work with our network of donors, advisors, our talented team on the ground in Guatemala, and the indigenous women we serve. This position is based at our field office in Panajachel, Guatemala and reports directly to the Development Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
Meet annual Private Donors Program revenue and donor acquisition and retention goals, including:
- Manage annual calendar, including for donor events, communications, donor trips, and appeals,
- Develop fundraising collateral and communications in partnership with Marketing Manager,
- Lead and manage digital and mailed annual appeal campaign,
- Manage donor events, including annual benefits, from planning to execution; work closely with event host committees to meet fundraising goals, and manage in-kind donation and event sponsorships,
- Manage and set strategy for monthly donor program,
- Manage donor trips to visit our programs in Guatemala, including trip recruitment and execution of trip logistics, and
- Maintain major donors pipeline and cultivation plan,
- Track key performance indicators for private donors program, and
- Manage individual giving operations, including overseeing interns on managing donor database and donation acknowledgement processes.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Demonstrated success in cultivating relationships with donors, investors, or clients
- Demonstrated success in growing supporter networks preferred, especially for nonprofits/social enterprises
- 2-3 years of fundraising experience with demonstrated ability to meet fundraising goals preferred, particularly in managing individual giving
- Ability to work in a team setting and communicate effectively
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to top-quality, self-driven work
- Ability to travel to the U.S. 2-3 times a year for fundraising-related events
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Enthusiasm for Mercado Global’s mission
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and Excel required. Knowledge of DonorPerfect and MailChimp a plus.
- Ability to make two-year commitment
About Mercado Global:
Mercado Global is a social enterprise with an innovative approach to fighting poverty and empowering women in rural Guatemala. By providing business development support and connecting artisan cooperatives to sales opportunities in the U.S. on an unprecedented scale, Mercado Global partner artisans are a source of change in global sourcing practices.
Each Mercado Global collection starts with a journey to the highlands of Guatemala where our designers partner with indigenous women artisans to develop unique pieces that combine Mayan craftsmanship with modern design. From one of the most marginalized populations in the world, our partner artisans are rising to become leaders in their communities and are sending their children to school, often for the first time.
Mercado Global’s partners include Nordstrom, Anthropologie and Target, among others. Newsweek has featured Mercado Global on its cover, and Good Morning America, Harper’s Bazaar, and others have showcased the organization’s designs. Our institutional supporters include the Levi Strauss Foundation, the PIMCO Foundation, the World Bank, and the Bonnie Cashin Foundation.
Learn more at www.mercadoglobal.org
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume addressed to Molly Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org