Full-Time Content Strategist: Web + Audio
Shine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible— more representative, cheaper, easier and more connected than it’s ever been.
Today, with over 2M loyal users in 189 countries, our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, CNN, Glamour, Mashable, TechCrunch and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing.
Shine Text takes a unique spin on one timely theme per day, breaking down research-backed solutions to today’s trickiest problems into a relatable conversation
Building on the success of our first product, in December 2017, we expanded our product offering to include daily audio content, via our iOS app — that was the App of the Day in the App Store in its first 6 weeks.
We believe that billions of people miss out on the chance to connect with themselves and others around how they feel, so that they can make better decisions and feel less alone in the human struggle.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Blog Content
- Pitching and writing: You’ll work closely with our content strategist, crafting stories with our core product, Shine Text, in mind—keeping tabs on latest news and trending topics in the wellbeing world to write content that fits within the Shine ethos.
- Producing content: You’ll build stories for our blog, advice.shinetext.com, optimizing headlines and content for SEO and creating a visually compelling piece that represents our diverse community.
- Audio Content
- Identifying Track Themes. Work closely with co-founders on strategy for in-app content—identifying what themes, situations and feelings to address for Mindful Moments (in-app audio tracks).
- Track Creation. Draft scripts for ongoing Mindful Moments audio tracks—scaling the amount of new tracks that are featured weekly in the Shine app.
- For all content, using data for full circle process. Analyze data to ideate new ideas, execute, review performance and then improve.
- Blog Content
- Production Management
- Production. Manage logistics to produce audio content—booking the studio, coordinating with voice artists, and booking audio engineers for voice recordings.
- Post-Production. Lead feedback and QA process for all Mindful Moment tracks—working closely with audio engineers/editors on track feedback.
Why you’ll be the perfect fit:
- Our mission matters. The words you write and the content you create will be a wellbeing resource to millions of people; that motivates you.
- Background. You have 2+ years of experience writing digital content. Extra bonus if you have experience writing for audio.
- You love yourself some project management. You’re comfortable, and excel, at managing a few different projects at once. You can self-direct to break out priorities across what’s most important vs. what’s most urgent.
- Results. A clear understanding of what success looks like helps you zero in on the most important things. You feel good when you show results.
- Mindset. Your approach to work thrives in an early stage environment. You approach tough situations with a solution-oriented mindset, and focus on what you can learn from new challenges.
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Bimonthly game nights (aka “Codenames” night)
- Stand up for something. Literally — we’ll give you a standing desk on your first day
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all
How to Apply
Apply directly to our job listing as we're actively looking for the next great person to join our team!