Full-Time Development Associate
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Join a dynamic start-up team backed by inspirational youth and engaged board.
Girl Be Heard is seeking a Development Associate. This is a paid, full-time position.
Assist the Director of Development and other office Staff with the following tasks:
- Draft grant proposals, reports, letters of inquiry, and supplemental materials.
- Conduct research on funding opportunities and update opportunities in Salesforce and on Google Grants Calendar.
- Manage grant application and reporting deadlines in Salesforce and Google Grants Calendar.
- Maintain donor and funder records, electronically on Dropbox and Salesforce, and in physical files.
- Engage in donor cultivation by generating donor stewardship communications, including making phone calls, writing cards, coordinating with the Communications team on thank you videos, and attending funder/donor-related events.
- Enter, manage, and analyze data; run reports; and create dashboards in Salesforce. Run reports in QuickBooks.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for GBH performances, and fundraising and cultivation events—including but not limited to: the GBH Gala, Summer Soiree, Amplifier events, and Foundation site visits.
- Track Board give/gets.
- Assess and maintain Monitoring and Evaluation tools (FormAssembly and SurveyMonkey), and analyze the data collected.
- Experience and strong interest in fundraising.
- Strong writing skills. Grant proposal writing experience required.
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to converse with major donors and foundation officers in a confident and professional manner.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Computer literacy: Google Apps, Dropbox, Excel, and Word required. Salesforce, QuickBooks, Form Assembly, and SurveyMonkey knowledge preferred.
- Ability to present numerical data clearly and effectively.
- Social media savvy a plus.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives working in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest in local and global issues affecting girls, women, and TGNC youth, and passionate about dismantling racism.
Girl Be Heard develops, amplifies, and celebrates the voices of young women through socially conscious theatre-making.
Girl Be Heard creates cutting-edge, cause-related theatre – inspired, written and performed by girls (12-21) – that is thought-provoking and actionable. Our non-profit theatre company gives voice to issues that girls care about most (such as bullying, body image, and self harm). Our company also takes on global issues affecting girls worldwide – such as sex trafficking, forced child marriage, and gender-based violence – and regularly performs our acclaimed shows at the United Nations, TED conferences, and The White House.
Our curriculum encourages young women to think critically about social justice, challenge stereotypes, foster friendships, and build tools for bringing about positive change in their communities.
Girl Be Heard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin, ability, ethnicity, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. Girl Be Heard seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse and equitable work environment. Queer individuals, trans people, people of color, and women are highly encouraged to apply.
Our offices are air-conditioned and located in wheelchair accessible buildings.
Learn more about Girl Be Heard by visiting girlbeheard.org.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2 writing samples (fundraising-related preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Position open until filled.