Internship Development & Communications Intern
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are seeking ambitious overachievers to join our high growth social enterprise at a pivotal moment. As Educate! develops the next generation of socially responsible leaders in Africa, we are looking for passionate individuals to join our Development & Communications team. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a fast-paced, quickly growing, innovative organization that is on the forefront of youth empowerment and sustainable development in Africa.
The Development and Communications intern will primarily be focused on building the financial resources of the organization through research in order to develop youth across Uganda to solve the most pressing challenges facing their communities. In this role you will participate in many facets of running a successful non-profit organization, including essential operations to support development and communications. You will have the opportunity to learn from industry leaders, develop new skills, and work with a talented, ambitious group of people towards a common goal.
Our interns are trailblazers, creatively thinking through ideas, projects, and proposals that have the ability to enhance Educate!’s cutting-edge, industry-leading work. Working as an intern with Educate! means being a small, yet vital, piece of an organization that is empowering youth to solve poverty for themselves and their communities.
- A strong belief in Educate!’s mission and approach
- Strong attention to detail and organizing people to support a larger cause
- Self-motivated and take independent initiative on projects
- Personable team player with great social skills
- Reliable, exceptional team player and an extremely effective communicator
- Flexible in the face of frustration and determined to solve challenges
- Strong writer and researcher
- Strong understanding of Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Google Sheets/Excel)
- Experience working with a social change and/or non-profit organization is a plus
- The position start date is flexible. We ask for a commitment of at least 4 months. This internship requires approximately 10 hours per week, including the flexibility to work remotely and regular in-person work meetings in Denver or Boulder, CO.
- The Development and Communications Intern will be supervised by Educate!’s Development Assistant, and will work closely with a small team of interns as well as Educate!’s Executive Director and our entrepreneurial teams in Colorado, New York, and Uganda. While this is an unpaid position, interns are exposed to numerous growth opportunities. Educate! considers the internship to be a pipeline position for our Fellowship program in Uganda. Interns gain critical experience supporting a wide variety of tasks in a nurturing start-up environment, preparing them for future careers in the nonprofit and international development sectors.