Full-Time Development Coordinator
Women LEAD Nepal is a leadership and professional leadership development organization that equips young women and girls with the tools and skills they need to create change in their communities. Our vision is of a better world where women leaders co-create the future.
The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Deputy Director and a cross-cultural team to develop and deliver our fundraising strategy at a critical time of organizational growth. The Coordinator will explain and promote the importance and impact of Women LEAD’s work for a variety of audiences. S/he will fulfill an important role as Women LEAD pursues grants and other funding sources, and provide essential research to develop a grant prospecting and application strategy.
Include but are not limited to the following (with flexibility to implement other projects of value and interest):
Grant Writing and Prospecting
- Research and identify potential donors, including corporations, INGOs, foundations and governments; collect information into a regularly updated development calendar.
- Write and edit grant proposals (LOIs, cover letters, full grant proposals) using and improving upon existing grant templates. Ensure grants budgets align with institutional budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor and coordinate grant administration, interim and end-of-grant reporting, and oversee compliance with approved budgets, contract terms, and legal or regulatory requirements.
Donor Management and Communication
- Develop a strong understanding of Women LEAD programs and approach to effectively represent Women LEAD at meetings with donors.
- Oversee the maintenance of the donor database and prospect information. Proactively manage all deadlines and ensure key dates and interactions are tracked using Salesforce.
- Manage and generate all donor communications, including creating or improving materials needed for donor solicitations
- Work closely with the Communications Team to run a mid-year campaign and a year-end campaign, and in the planning, implementation and evaluation of an annual integrated marketing and communications plan and calendar, for example, WLEAD’s monthly electronic newsletter.
- Coordinate Women LEAD’s protocol for thanking donors, including donor acknowledgments across giving platforms, generating tax receipts and improving upon organizational procedures for donor stewardship.
- Work with the Deputy Director and Board of Directors to implement the 2017 fundraising strategy and develop a strategy for 2018-2020.
- Identify and develop successful local funding strategies and actors, including local corporate sponsorship opportunities and individuals, and build relationships with prospective institutional donors in Nepal.
- Report on annual fundraising progress, patterns, challenges, etc.
- Work on our Salesforce infrastructure to improve donation tracking, donor touch-points and updates and reporting mechanisms.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A passion for empowering young women to lead change and participate meaningfully in their country and future.
- At least two years of development experience with proven success in meeting fundraising targets and securing institutional funding.
- Excellent English language skills and a demonstrated ability to write and present effectively to a range of audiences.
- Proven ability to be flexible, independently manage time, balance and prioritize simultaneous assignments and meet tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn in a cross-cultural context and take initiative.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with external partners. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with diverse stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, and advanced degree is desirable.
- 1-2 year commitment to living and working in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Preferred: Salesforce, Nepali language, international work experience.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position with a minimum duration of twelve months. For immediate consideration, send the following documents to email@example.com. Please use “Development Coordinator - Last Name, First Name” as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position, highlighting relevant experiences and skills;
- Current resume or CV;
- Two non-academic writing samples (successful grant proposals preferred)