Internship Development Intern
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
BlinkNow is an international nonprofit organization with a mission: changing the world by empowering Nepal’s children. We do this by providing quality education, a safe environment, and through inspiring others. Our vision is a world where every child is safe, educated, and loved.
Every day we strive to create a sustainable organization working to educate all of Kopila’s children until they are ready to enter the world as happy, skilled, confident, self-sufficient, and English-speaking adults. We believe we can serve as a model for quality education in Nepal. We will strive to provide our children with scholarships (should they choose to pursue higher education), and the skills required to enter the workforce.
We place a huge emphasis on working together with our local community, conducting programs and providing scholarships for girls and socially vulnerable young women, thereby encouraging women’s empowerment and gender equality. We offer vocational training skills to develop self-sufficiency including sewing, cooking, gardening, husbandry, computer skills, business, and entrepreneurial skills. These skills not only benefit our home and school by providing locally grown food and locally made uniforms, but also benefit the community.
Join a passionate group of people who believe we can change the world, in the blink of an eye! We’re looking for a motivated fundraising intern to help us manage and grow our peer-to-peer fundraising program. Your role will help BlinkNow continue to expand our reach by motivating our donors to fundraise on our behalf. This position will be working with our Director of Development, and the Communications Team.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Director of Development in managing our Peer-to-Peer fundraising program. This includes outreach to obtain new sign up’s, managing their success with the fundraising progress, and following up with acknowledgment and gratitude.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and Communications Team to create a strategy to double the amount of Peer-to-Peer fundraisers at BlinkNow and the retention of previous fundraisers.
- Implement communications to all active Peer-to-Peer fundraisers.
- Fluency in English
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong ability to work remotely efficiently
- Peer fundraising a plus
- Classy experience a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Location: Remote
- Position Type: Part-time (4 hours/ twice weekly), unpaid
- Starts: Immediately
- To Apply: Interested candidates should submit the application below.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, submit an application online: https://blinknow.org/pages/join-our-team-development-intern