Full-Time Development Manager and Board Liaison
The primary role of The Development Manager and Board Liaison is to support the President/CEO and the Board of Directors. The Development Manager and Board Liaison will be responsible for achieving specific revenue goals through a variety of development activities including coordinating Board quarterly meeting preparation and logistics, event planning, tracking of contributions and expenses; drafting proposals, reports and follow-up for various contributors; and managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Assist President/CEO in the management of the organization’s overall fundraising efforts and orchestrate methods of approach to existing and prospective donors.
- Manage PowerPlay’s fundraising platform: Network for Good
- Process all donations, including gift entry and ensure timely/accurate acknowledgments.
- Oversee management of Raiser’s Edge, including but not limited to: data entry, reviewing and cleaning data, compiling and updating mailing lists, running reports/queries, tracking campaigns and assessing donor trends and analytics.
- Research prospects; write/submit LOIs, proposals, and stewardship reports.
- Manage and support projects including but not limited to: execution of the President’s Quarterly Report, assist with the planning and planning of Direct Mail Appeals (typically 2 per year), Annual Celebration; and various events organized by the Leadership Council—PowerPlay’s de facto Junior Board.
- Work closely with the President/CEO and Development Committee Chair to create fundraising and outreach strategies for each Board member
- Perform general office duties inherent in the position, including: managing administrative tasks, composing correspondence, coordinating travel, filling out forms, and/or preparing spreadsheets, distributing mail, answering office phones, and greeting visitors.
- Work closely and effectively with the President/CEO and other senior staff to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and appropriate follow-up.
- Act within the appropriate scope of authority, manage special projects, coordinate planning and strategic conversations in service to organizational goals and annual plans.
- Prepare materials, research, and background information for meetings with Board and various constituents assuming responsibilities for all logistics;
- Draft communication on behalf of the President/CEO (or Board Members) to individuals and groups both within the organization and externally, and preparing communication briefings as necessary; review all documents to be shared externally (via mail, email, or digitally) for accuracy.
- Manage Board portal/platform and ensure all documents are up to date (i.e. By-laws and governance guidelines, committee charters)
- Coordinate communications to the Board to ensure efficient workflow throughout the organization and to ensure all business is addressed properly and expeditiously
- Work with President/CEO to coordinate all Board and Committee meetings to ensure they are successfully managed and relevant information and materials are distributed in a timely manner
- Coordinate the preparation of all documents and presentations, both electronic and paper, working closely with the President and other global team members;
- Prepare draft minutes of the meetings;
- Prepare thank you notes, tax substantiations and any other documentation Board members may require;
- Support the President/CEO in interactions with Board, Advisory Board and Leadership Council
- Understand critical importance of Board members’ roles
- Make recommendations on how to maximize Board participation/support
- Help orient new Board members to the organization and the proposed meetings schedule
- Work cross-functionally to create presentations for Board meetings
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to the mission, vision, and culture of PowerPlay NYC
- Bachelors degree and minimum 2-3 years’ work experience required; relevant experience in sales, development, or relationship management preferred; experience and/or familiarity with youth development and/or girl-focused initiatives
- Potential to be a “front-line fundraiser,” directly executing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities with an assigned portfolio
- Strong oral and written communications skills, using appropriate and diplomatic language, grammar, spelling, and style
- Ability to identify and anticipate problems, analyze situations and recommend solutions/problem-solve
- Demonstrated achievement in a demanding work environment
- Well organized with systematic and meticulous attention to details
- Flexible and adaptable – Ability to work with changing conditions and priorities and willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to manage and balance a wide range of projects and duties in fast moving environment
- Proactive, “can-do” approach/attitude; demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness
- An excellent team player with a positive attitude and the ability to connect and collaborate with others
- Accountable – willing to accept appropriate levels of responsibility for tasks, projects, and outcomes
- Intermediate or better proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products and general ability to learn new software; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
How to Apply
To apply, please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com