Full-Time Development Operations Associate
The Solutions Journalism Network is leading a mindset shift and practice change to confront this failure, building capacity for reporting about responses to social problems. In SJN’s five years, solutions journalism has become a credible reporting practice recognized for driving high impact in society. Over 10,000 journalists have been exposed to our curriculum. More than 180 news organizations have worked with SJN to produce reporting projects that cover society more comprehensively, revealing possibilities for civic agency and connection.
We’re looking for an extremely diligent and eager development associate to join our fundraising team and support the development function. The development operations associate is responsible for planning, organizing and executing a development process that both supports and holds SJN executives accountable for their fundraising activities; and will assist the CEO and fundraising staff in advancing relationships with generated leads, prospective funders, and current funding partners to maximize revenue for SJN. This is a full-time position.
More specifically, the development associate’s essential responsibilities will include:
- Managing the grant application and reporting processes from start to finish; working with the SJN staff to coordinate these reports
- Coordinating fundraising and strategic meetings to further our goals in a timely manner
- Developing and maintaining documents and software: keeping Salesforce and Dropbox current with funder and grant related activities, as well as producing useful documents that reflect our development work
- Tracking accountability and reporting by recording and managing fundraising efforts and action items
- Managing online donations
This is an essential, supportive role to our development function as a whole. A successful development associate will possess the ability to meet deadlines, multitask, solve problems in an innovative way. As a key player in SJN’s fundraising team, the development associate should be a great communicator with an entrepreneurial spirit.
We are seeking applicants who…
- Hold a bachelor’s degree
- Have administrative and grant reporting knowledge
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Have experience working in Salesforce (or another CRM)
- Are innately curious and eager to develop new skillsets
- Have enthusiastic team spirit, but discipline and confidence to work solo
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. We’re a passionate and ambitious bunch and are looking for someone great to join us. Diversity of perspective, identity, and experience is important to us: We want to reflect and serve the whole of society.
This position is based at our New York City headquarters. The Solutions Journalism
Network is a 501(c)3 organization offering competitive salary with health benefits;
generous paid time-off and work-schedule flexibility; and a crew of seriously great
How to Apply
To apply via our online application, please click, here.