Full-Time Development Senior Associate
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Global Impact Investing Network is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research to attract more investment capital to address global challenges. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, visit www.thegiin.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Development Senior Associate will support fundraising and partnerships with current and prospective funders in a fast-paced organization. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the organization’s next phase of growth, helping to achieve its ambition of harnessing the power of financial markets to solve pressing global challenges. This position also offers front-row exposure to the dynamic impact investing industry, and what it takes to build this market. The Development Senior Associate will report to the Senior Manager, Development and Partnerships.
- Support development of and write compelling grant proposals for funders that include foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
- Produce progress reports for funders, elevating key achievements relative to funder priorities for GIIN programs and activities.
- Manage quarterly reporting by GIIN program teams, including:
- Gathering and ensuring quality, accuracy, and relevance of information/data
- Liaising with program staff to ensure appropriate framing or presentation of activities
- Coordinate all administrative details pertaining to grant processing and reporting with the GIIN’s Finance and Operations team.
- Assume grant management for assigned portfolio of funders, including:
- Tracking relevant funder information, proposal and reporting timelines, grant requirements, activities, and work plans using Salesforce and other internal systems
- Corresponding with funders as needed
- Create and update fundraising and other reports for internal stakeholders, including the GIIN Board of Directors, as needed.
- Conduct preliminary research on funding activities and priorities of prospective funders
- Coordinate and lead special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate must have excellent writing and project management skills, relationship management experience, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on deadlines. Exposure to development work is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree required (communications or related degree a plus)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience demonstrating strong writing and editing skills, organizational skills, and strategic thinking
- Proven ability to effectively interpret and synthesize inputs from a variety of stakeholders, to develop compelling narratives
- Experience managing internal or external stakeholder relationships
- Detail-oriented, with a proactive approach to problem-solving and high standards of performance
- Team-oriented, professional, resourceful, flexible and highly responsible
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite and experience in Salesforce or similar CRM tool a plus.
- Conviction that for-profit investment capital can effectively address social and environmental challenges
- Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact and good humor
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com by June 29, 2018. State “Development Senior Associate_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. We are keen to fill this role and will review applications on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.