Full-Time Digital Campaigner
We need to build a greener, healthier world with clean air, clean water and clean energy. We approach this challenge one step at a time, putting the environment first at every step along the way.
Imagine using your sharp writing skills and strategic digital content to promote solar power. Or putting your talent for social media to use to keep local waters clean and ban fracking. Imagine running online campaigns to build the organizational power—the funds, the membership, the activist base and more— that it takes to keep all of this critical work going for the long haul.
That’s what you’ll do with Environment America. In today’s world, no advocacy effort is complete without a significant online presence. You’ll help run a powerful digital campaign to build the support it takes to build more solar and wind power, reduce global warming pollution, keep our beaches, rivers and streams clean, protect our wildlife and wild places, or hold polluters accountable when they violate our environmental laws.
This work has never been more urgent or challenging, and not only because Donald Trump is in the White House. The mantra of “economic growth at any cost” is degrading the quality of our environment and wasting the natural resource base that makes our lives possible. At the same time, the opportunity to pivot to a greener, healthier way of living is at hand. Rising to this challenge is our mission and our cause. If you see it as your mission too, this is the place for you.
What you’ll do
- Write emails and campaign actions that you’ll send to hundreds of thousands of supporters;
- Design and curate content for social media, and engage with our members and followers across the country;
- Coordinate with our field team of five to nine campaign organizers, and back them up with emails, web pages and digital strategy;
- Develop partnerships and creative online tactics to build our audience and raise money;
- Analyze the results of your work, and report on successes and failures;
- Keep your projects on track, hold people accountable for their deliverables, and communicate regularly with your team.
Pay & Benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is $26,000 in the first year. Environment America offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement. Positions available starting immediately or in August 2018.
To apply, click here.
Things To Know When You Apply
Environment America is part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values, and a coordinated strategic approach to getting things done. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Environment America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.