Full-Time Digital Communications Associate (New York)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
GHC is looking for a talented and fresh multi-disciplinary Digital Communications Associate to join our global team. You are extremely digitally savvy, an excellent writer and creative thinker, and an energetic team player. You are entrepreneurial—hungry for a range of opportunities to cut your teeth as a communications professional, learning from colleagues and collaborating across a global, mission-driven, and fast-paced team. You are highly detail oriented and able to execute on several projects at once, with the ability to communicate clearly and ask questions needed to keep the trains moving. You are a self-starter, staying current with emergent trends and platforms and taking the initiative to pitch and help execute new ideas for leveraging our digital presence. You are also a great listener and quick learner, with the humility to understand the needs of our team and support them in a timely manner.
If you’re passionate about our vision for new global health leadership and want to be part of the movement for health equity, bringing your tech-savvy and creative skills to further our impact, let’s talk! We thrive in challenging situations, where our task is to do what hasn’t been done and where we must dismantle or rebuild systems that propagate inefficiency and inequity. We have the vision to think big, and the resilience and can-do attitude to do what it takes to get there. You should too. The Digital Communications Associate sits on GHC’s Communications Team, reporting to the Communications & Advocacy Coordinator while collaborating closely with colleagues across teams in all GHC countries of operation.
Global Health Corps:
Global Health Corps (GHC) is building a new generation of global health leadership. We believe that solving the world’s most pressing global health challenges requires better and more connected leaders who are able to work across traditional boundaries like geography, sector, and issue area to engineer stronger global health systems. We need more than clinicians and providers; we need management consultants, engineers, artists, and architects. We need new leadership voices and new perspectives, especially those representing the populations most often left out and unheard.
GHC competitively recruits and selects emerging leaders from around the world who represent a wide range of skillsets and areas of expertise, all of which are critical to rebuilding and strengthening health systems. GHC is developing a cadre of health equity leaders through a unique leadership development program that utilizes experiential and formal learning methods.
Through a one-year fellowship program, fellows address a wide-range of health issues with high-impact grassroots organizations, NGOs, and ministries of health in Rwanda, Malawi, Uganda, Zambia, and the United States. Fellowship positions are demand-driven, ensuring that our fellows fill real-time health systems gaps and serve to amplify the great work already in progress. Placement organizations benefit from the skills and energy of fellows, as well as the support of GHC. We are building a network of young changemakers who share the common belief that health is a human right.
Social media management
- Draft, curate, and schedule compelling content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn to boost GHC’s brand and thought leadership profile
- Conceptualize and execute key digital outreach events with partners such as Twitter Chats, Facebook Live broadcasts, and Instagram takeovers
- Optimize and update GHC’s tracking systems for digital metrics including SEO and social media and website analytics
- Stay abreast of digital trends, periodically conducting research and making recommendations on new platforms, approaches, and campaigns to drive GHC’s mission
- Support the maintenance and growth of GHC’s Medium publication AMPLIFY, including editing, formatting, and tracking draft submissions and implementing creative methods for increasing reach and engagement
- Support the gathering of content and design of external materials, including GHC’s annual report and other select collateral
Design & multimedia support
- Manage GHC’s suite of branded templates and ensure external materials align with branding and style guidelines
- Manage GHC’s Flickr page and serve as point on photography and video for GHC
- Support the maintenance and updating of ghcorps.org, GHC’s website
- Liaise with team members and external vendors to create print and digital design elements, including web banners, email marketing templates, print marketing materials, and social media graphics and videos for a range of audiences, including potential fellows, donors, and the GHC leadership community
- Provide additional input and support as needed across GHC’s print, digital, and experiential learning platforms (including GHC website, leadership curriculum, and social media)
- Experience creating digital content, using social media management tools, and curating a brand’s digital presence
- Demonstrated understanding of social media, including current trends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Tools, and Dropbox
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Basic design, photography, and videography skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines and smoothly juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated interest in global health and/or social justice
- Creative, innovative, and boundary-pushing mindset
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Video editing skills
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS
- Pre-press print knowledge
GHC EMBRACES AND VALUES DIVERSE SKILLSETS AND BACKGROUNDS
We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thanks for applying!
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please visit the following link: https://jobs.lever.co/ghcorps/7d34823b-1128-423f-adf9-641859a06a37