Full-Time Digital Marketing Communications Intern
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Enthusiastic rising senior or recent graduate with interest in social enterprise and international development to assist our Communications team in New York.
New York City
The Communications team is seeking strong candidates for an internship in our New York office. This position will provide students with a unique opportunity to work in a professional setting for a leading global social enterprise. It will primarily focus on improving how One Acre Fund disseminates messaging and content in support of our larger strategic goals.
- Create compelling content – regularly draft copy for daily content across One Acre Fund’s social media platforms – drawing upon technical research, industry news, and internal content
- Support website optimization – help update and improve One Acre Fund’s recently redeveloped website, including researching, developing, and deploying SEO strategies and A/B testing
- Propose strategies to optimize our social media efforts – stay abreast of best practice approaches for social media and provide strategic recommendations as how to improve performance
- Assist in digital analytics monitoring – collect key performance indicator data from our website, media analytics platforms, and social media channels to help guide strategic recommendations
- Support online advertising – support the development and expansion of AdWords and paid social media advertising, analyzing past campaign performance to inform innovative new to future campaigns
- Provide administrative support – assist in ad-hoc, day-to-day projects and tasks to keep the communications department running smoothly, such as supporting the team’s internal systems and tools
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills- even at the intern level. Your manager will invest time in your professional development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and a final performance review upon completion of the internship period. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to help develop the skills that would put you on your desired career track.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that combine a strong academic background with demonstrated technical skills, good humor, patience, and a humble approach to learning. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional recent graduates or students with at least three years of university coursework completed
- Strong work experiences. Examples include internships, fellowships or research positions while at school. Candidates with previous professional experience in digital communications roles are highly preferred
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA and test scores on your resume)
- Experience managing digital social media communities on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Strong communication and writing skills; comfortable writing compelling original copy catered to specific target audiences
- Data-driven thinker, with previous experience working within Google Analytics and/or social media analytics platforms. A strong familiarity with excel for data entry and analysis is a very significant plus
- Demonstrated practical experience managing websites using a range of content management systems
- Knowledge in the fundamentals of digital advertising is a plus; a sincere willingness to learn digital advertising fundamentals is even better
- High-level of technical proficiency in Google Productivity Apps, Microsoft Office, web publishing, and internet best practices
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team depending on the project
Preferred Start Date
June 1, 2017
How to Apply
To apply please follow this link: http://grnh.se/btyc3m1