Full-Time Digital Marketing Coordinator
ABOUT THE ROLE
Catchafire is looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator who is passionate about creating and executing cross-channel marketing campaigns that educate, inspire and drive action.
As part of a growing Marketing team, your role includes coordinating projects that touch digital content, video, graphic design, as well as copywriting. You’re a double threat with the skillset to tell a story through design, copywriting, and data. Your day to day work will be executing on our email campaigns, copyediting content, and designing for our social channels.
As a lean, centralized team, being part of marketing means contributing to a broad spectrum of strategies to engage our volunteer and nonprofit end-users including client launches, content strategy, feature development and impact reporting. In the coordinator role, you’ll have the opportunity to take on a myriad of responsibilities and collaborate with accounts, design, product and user engagement teams. This role reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Execute flawlessly on our daily marketing activities including e-newsletters and social media, which includes designing, building, and proofreading.
- Design email and social creative assets with support from our Design team.
- Clued in on innovative marketing practices and social media trends.
- Encourage the evolution of our email program and apply a customer-centric content strategy.
- Monitor metrics and understand what success looks like in terms of KPI targets and help us capture, track and report on our progress.
- Support as needed special projects that will help to build our brand including, but not limited to: conferences, speaking engagement, press engagements, etc.
- Creative Judgement – You have a strong design sensibility and appreciate that the right combination of images and copy can be impactful, evoking emotions and inspire actions. You naturally double or even triple check your work without being prompted because you know that the details matter.
- Superb Communicator – You are able to write both creatively and directly in order to create powerful campaigns. Internally, you keep your stakeholders in the know and elevate issues or questions clearly and promptly to keep workflows moving.
- Humility – You can take critiques of your work well and respond to feedback thoughtfully without offense. You constantly strive to improve your skills, knowledge and personal development.
- User-Focused – You ultimately care most about how our users will respond to our messaging and campaigns. To ensure our messages land, you are curious and focused on what will resonate with and deliver value to our users.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ideal candidates must have:
- 2-3 years of experience in digital marketing with a passion for great graphics
- Prior experience working within an email management system
- Comfort using design tools (i.e Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch); experience with digital and print design is a must
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Familiarity working with and analyzing data.
- Superior project management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- A storyteller who is looking to be equal parts marketer and designer
- A team player who appreciates a quirky sense of humor
- Video editing experience is a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits
It’s an exciting time here at Catchafire as we grow our Marketing team to reach & engage our thriving user base of passionate volunteers and inspiring nonprofits with a best-in-class product.
If our values resonate with you, email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please specify “Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject, and include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) Tell us about a successful marketing campaign you worked on or a graphic you designed? What was the challenge or opportunity? Where did you get your creative inspiration for it and how did it influence your final product?
This position is based in New York City.