Full-Time Digital and Marketing Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The International Women’s Health Coalition (IWHC) seeks a technology lead and multimedia innovator to optimize and expand IWHC’s digital footprint and engagement. The Specialist will be a dynamic, self-motivated, disciplined and creative team player with a combination of web development, social media mastery and creative multimedia skills. This role will provide candidates with a genuine passion for women’s rights with the ability to raise IWHC’s public profile, promote a feminist vision and further advocacy and fundraising goals utilizing new media. The Specialist will leverage existing platforms, identify and explore new tools and provide technical assistance within IWHC and to our grantee partners around the world.
The role reports to the Director of Communications and works closely with the Advocacy and Policy and Development teams, in addition to collaborating with a matrix of other teams, partners, and coalitions.
The International Women’s Health Coalition (IWHC) recognizes that women’s and girls’ human rights, health and equality are essential to social, environmental, and economic justice for all.
We envision a world in which all women and girls can exercise their human rights to:
- access the information, resources, and services they need to enhance and protect their health and achieve their full potential;
- make informed decisions about their sexuality, relationships, pregnancy, child-bearing, and marriage and all other matters related to their sexual and reproductive health and rights, free of discrimination, coercion, and violence; and
- participate in and assume leadership of civil society movements to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
IWHC advances the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and young people, particularly adolescent girls, in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. IWHC furthers this agenda by supporting and strengthening leaders and organizations working at the community, national, regional, and global levels, and by advocating for international and U.S. policies, programs, and funding.
IWHC builds bridges between local realities and international policy by connecting women and young people in the Global South to key decision-makers. In doing so, IWHC brings local voices to global debates and in turn, makes global processes and policies more understandable and actionable at the local level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical oversight and lead maintenance of IWHC.org independently and in collaboration with external support to develop and manage IWHC’s content management system, ensure a smooth user experience, make structural updates as needed and roll out new or upgraded features. Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Devise and implement a full spectrum of digital marketing; conceptualize, configure and drive email campaigns based on advocacy and fundraising priorities; conceive digital campaigns and strategies to cultivate or support digital communities among target audiences and partners
- Advise and tutor staff and/or partners in order to increase their film, photography and audio understanding and skills to maximize audio-visual components of IWHC communications products
- Oversee and/or produce dynamic, timely multimedia content; work with teams and/or external consultants to ensure images and footage meet all brand, quality, legal and consent requirements.
- Analyze online performance of the website and social media channels, identify challenges and approaches to oversee social media calendar and plan special initiatives digital asset archive
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, human rights, international relations or related field; working knowledge of French or Spanish is desired.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience specialized in digital communications.
- Proficiency with WordPress, MailChimp (or other similar service), Sprout or similar management tool, deep knowledge of SEO, data analytics and social media channels, trends and apps is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a talent for learning new skills quickly, creativity and willingness to contribute ideas, excellent interpersonal and communications skills along with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of brand campaigns and social media channels, trends, and apps.
- Experience ensuring content is platform-native (as appropriate), cohesive across platforms and in line with social media best practices; Experience designing or editing in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign is desired; knowledge of FinalCut Pro is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to generate and develop creative ideas with a journalistic approach to facts and ethical approach to storytelling and newsworthy content.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff across an institution; strong team player with recognized leadership capacity, sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to build trust among team members.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to set priorities, work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously are necessary.
- Commitment to IWHC’s mission and a strong interest in human rights, women’s rights, sexual and reproductive health and rights, policy advocacy and/or movement building; familiarity with multilateral institutions desired.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Send cover letter (including ref. #DMS2017) and resume to: Liisa Sweet-Korpivaara @ fax 212-979-9009, or via email to: email@example.com APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2017 (applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis) DESIRED START DATE: As soon as possible. COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including generous vacation time, and no employee contribution for employee-only medical, dental and vision coverage, among others. Please note that there may be a need to work additional hours, including evenings of special events. Only complete applications will be reviewed and due to the large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. IWHC is an equal opportunity employer. IWHC values the dynamism and perspective that staff diversity brings to the work and culture of the office. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to consider joining us. IWHC does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the individual’s race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, HIV status or disability. This policy applies to all of IWHC’s activities including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge. We are committed to seeking qualified candidates who contribute to the diversity of the working environment.