Full-Time Director of Major Gifts
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Comp: 85-95k with Bonuses
Bennies: Medical, Flex Spending, Retirement coming soon
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to Nomi Network’s vision is a world without slavery where every woman can know her full potential. Our mission is to create economic opportunities for survivors and women at risk of human trafficking by equipping them with leadership, entrepreneurship, and production skills to become financially independent.
Development Director Role
The Development Director will hold a key position within the leadership team at Nomi Network, driving the organization’s fundraising efforts to meet ambitious funding goals from individual donors, and to complement work with corporate, foundation, and government funders. The Development Director will evolve our fundraising strategy, implement the strategy, and over time build a high-performing development team.
The Development Director will report to Nomi Network’s President and Co-Founder. Nomi Network’s US office is in New York City, but we are focused on finding the right person for this role and we are open to the Development Director being based elsewhere.
Nomi Network is a nonprofit organization and the US 501(c)(3) public charity. Our nonprofit status allows us to stay focused on our high-level mission of training 100,000 women and impacting their families in the next 5 years. It costs approximately $650 per woman to go through our comprehensive program, not including the periphery holistic services that we deliver through partnerships. We need someone to help secure major donors as well as secure high-level meetings for the executive director that will lead to fruitful and high profile partnerships, donor relationships, and sustained funding for Nomi Network.
We are a fast paced social enterprise and comparable to a start-up in many ways. Our structure is horizontal and we are highly driven by our core values:
1) We empower and inspire action;
2) We are dedicated to seeing transformational change in our programs and ourselves;
3) We have integrity and transparency in all we do;
4) We are always learning and innovating.
Employees are fun, energetic, passionate, charismatic change-makers. Many say that we are like a family, and often times the term “Nomi family” is used at all levels of the organization.
Philosophy of Philanthropy
We’re looking for someone who will be a strategic partner for our funders, President, and leadership team. We’re looking for the right person with the right experience and a growth mindset (the “magic rolodex” myth has been busted). This role will require someone who is detail-oriented, humble, highly empathetic, and a terrific communicator in writing and in person.
We’re searching for a fundraising professional who sees why philanthropic investment is critical to ending human trafficking through economic opportunities. They might be transitioning to Nomi Network from a role as a director of development, director of major gifts, director of business development, or other positions focused on fundraising and relationship building.
Cross-cultural competence will be key and international experience is desirable. Ideal candidates will understand and be passionate about women’s empowerment, microfinance, transparency in supply chains, open-source software and curriculums, international development through business principles and sustainable, market-based strategies. The Development Director will manage and build relationships with individuals, family foundations, and corporate foundations.
75% of this role would be external facing with donors in the U.S. and internationally – specifically strategic leadership development and donor relationships.
Strategic Leadership (15%)
· Work with the President, leadership team, and board of directors to evolve the current fundraising strategy
· Implement a strategic fundraising plan to find the right funding from individuals, family foundations, corporate foundations, and government agencies
· Organize and manage a Board Fundraising Committee to maximize relationship development and fundraising output
· Maximize and leverage current capital campaign opportunities and secure related income
Donor Relations (60%)
· Identify and secure meetings with high-net worth and major donors
· Within the first year leverage relationships and contacts in order to:
o Secure 10 financial gifts at the $50-100,000 level
o Secure 2 financial gifts at the $250-500,000 level
o Secure 24 meetings with donors that have the potential to give $1 million gifts and partner with the President to secure a gift at that level
· Put together pitch decks for individual, foundation, corporate, and governmental funding sources and meetings
· Understand the foundation proposal process and able to extract information and data from sources to help develop and submit compelling grant applications in coordination with finance, implementation, and product staff
· Directly support 10 foundation and corporate funders, and indirectly support relationships with an additional 10 funding partners, leading to transparent and flourishing relationships
Development Team and Systems (20%)
· Work with President, finance team, and field program leadership to develop systems and coordinate with staff to ensure all reporting and compliance requirements are met
· Design and implement donor management systems and procedures to support timely and accurate execution of all fundraising activities
Financial Oversight (5%)
· Partner with the CFO to ensure accuracy of financial position and projections.
· Develop and manage Nomi Network’s annual fundraising budget.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in fundraising, business, international development or other relevant disciplines; open to other industry experience if direct transferable skills can be stated
· 5 years of experience in fundraising, with 3 years of management experience and clear increases in responsibility
· Experience working with major donors
· Experience with CRM databases
· Strong verbal and presentation skills
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to travel to meet with donors, 30% travel
· Advanced writing and editing skills
· Strong networking and interpersonal skills
· Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity within a changing environment
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
· Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
· Experience working with hedge funds
· Experience working with tech companies
· Experience with Salesforce
· Experience in marketing and communications
How to Apply
** APPLY THROUGH THIS LINK. NO OTHER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED** APPLY HERE