Full-Time Director of People
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The People Team at Global Health Corps helps to drive and foster an exceptional culture and environment for our staff to flourish throughout their employee life cycle: from recruitment and performance management to professional development and offboarding. Whether onboarding the next global health leader, building robust processes and systems, opening on organizational compliance and legal requirements, developing our people, or simply looking for ways to infuse some laughter into the lives of our staff, we bring a strategic and mission-driven approach to our work.
The ideal candidate will contribute on both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate a healthy and happy culture at Global Health Corps. They have excellent coaching, communication and leadership skills, a background in organizational development, and previous experience developing organizational culture and talent acquisition. A natural project manager, this candidate will have a strategic mindset and an understanding of labor and tax law. We are looking for someone who can help the organization build and implement efficient systems that will maximize staff time and create a strong culture that is aligned with our organizational values.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with staff across all offices to curate and catalyze the development of our culture, the ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, global environment and have an entrepreneurial spirit. They demonstrate creativity, adaptability, an orientation towards execution, exceptional attention to detail, and an excitement for working collaboratively across cultures and time-zones.
Global Health Corps:
Global Health Corps (GHC) is building a new generation of global health leadership. We believe that solving the world’s most pressing global health challenges requires better and more connected leaders who are able to work across traditional boundaries like geography, sector, and issue area to engineer stronger global health systems. We need more than clinicians and providers; we need management consultants, engineers, artists, and architects. We need new leadership voices and new perspectives, especially those representing the populations most often left out and unheard.
GHC competitively recruits and selects emerging leaders from around the world who represent a wide range of skillsets and areas of expertise, all of which are critical to rebuilding and strengthening health systems. GHC is developing a cadre of health equity leaders through a unique leadership development program that utilizes experiential and formal learning methods.
Through a one-year fellowship program, fellows address a wide-range of health issues with high-impact grassroots organizations, NGOs, and ministries of health in Rwanda, Malawi, Uganda, Zambia, and the United States. Fellowship positions are demand-driven, ensuring that our fellows fill real-time health systems gaps and serve to amplify the great work already in progress. Placement organizations benefit from the skills and energy of fellows, as well as the support of GHC. We are building a network of young changemakers who share the common belief that health is a human right.
Global Health Corps is an organization focused on team learning, continual improvement, and organizational growth that’s smart and sustainable. The People Lead will fill a critical role in a close-knit, multi-cultural and dynamic team. Specific responsibilities include:
The Director of People will:
- Lead & manage the People Team and the staff experience throughout the employee lifecycle
- Champion organization culture development and implementation; focusing on building a trusting, respectful, and inclusive environment across offices
- Improve the organization’s people practices with infrastructure and systems including talent assessment and planning, organization design and growth, and performance management
- Strategically assess, determine, and implement practices around talent pipeline, learning and development, staff retention, and succession planning aligned with organizational needs/priorities
- Develop, implement and enforce policies, procedures, and programs to minimize organizational risk
- Coach and mentor team members, playing an active role in staff learning and development
- Identify gaps and highlight new opportunities for the People Team to support the needs of all offices
- Proactively assess team and employee needs, make recommendations and implement creative solutions to improve the employee experience
- Create cross-functional and cross-regional initiatives to strengthen community connectivity and organizational culture
- Ensure the operational accuracy and effectiveness of the People Team’s systems and processes
- Actively collaborate with the Operations Team to coordinate compliance with all governmental and labor legal requirements in all of our counties of operations
- o Review and select benefits; health insurance, retirement plans, workers compensation, paid leave, etc
- o Familiarity with benefits and people-related policies for compliance with regulations in our countries
- o Ensure benefits and policies are aligned with people-related best practices and new thinking in the field
- Ten+ years of progressive leadership experience in People/Human Resources/Human Capital Management positions in international culture driven organizations
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles, best practices, and budgeting
- Experience working to create and foster organizational culture initiatives
- Empathetic leader who understands cultural nuances and working styles across our teams/offices worldwide to strengthen collaboration throughout the organization
- Experience building and managing performance, reward, and benefits programs
- Understanding of employment and tax legislation and regulations (preferably in at least one of our countries of operation)
- Familiarity with mediation and managing employee relations matters
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal relationship and partnership skills
- Demonstrated excellence in strategy, thought leadership, change management and collaborating across global offices
- Proven examples of successful coaching and relationship building at all levels of an organization
- Experience working with and supporting a global and diverse community
- Proven commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://jobs.lever.co/ghcorps/933a207d-dc79-414f-8d58-f35b114da9a8