Full-Time Director of Operations and Growth
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Rhize is a young, dynamic and growing organization seeking an exceptionally organized individual to lead all our internal operations and help drive our organization to greater success. As the Director of Operations and Growth, you will be responsible for laying critical processes and strategic foundations for our growing, global network and for overseeing the day-to-day management of essential operational functions.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about new and proven approaches to organizational systems and non-profit efficiency to maximize Rhize’s ability to deliver programs and fulfill its critical mission.
Working out of Rhize’s headquarters at Civic Hall in New York City, you will work directly with the Founder and seasoned team to lead the implementation of our operational strategy. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Build and maintain core organizational infrastructure and all core operational processes and controls (including related to managing personnel, enhance internal communications, implement policies and operational plans)
- Manage financial and legal team (serve as primary point of contact with our external finance and legal support teams, ensure proper reporting, risk management and mitigation)
- Talent management and development (lead recruiting, establish and enforce HR processes and policies, support programs team in development of formal partnerships and liaise with external contractors and vendors)
- Resource generation (track and analyze fundraising progress, partnerships, coordinate with country teams on grant reporting, and perform outreach)
- Establish values and promote internal team culture to support collaboration and well-being across core Rhize team as well as global network of coaches
Knowledge of strategy, marketing and other operational components will be helpful as you tackle the opportunities we have in front of us. In this role, you will be exposed to the full spectrum of Rhize’s business and the impact we have across many communities around the globe. You will report to our Executive Director, work closely with our Board of Directors, and help manage our global team.
- At least 5-7 years experience in non-profit/organizational management
- Highly adaptable jack/jill of all trades (deft as constantly reprioritizing and triaging issues as they arise)
- Experience in nonprofit management and operations, including developing and implementing internal processes and procedures
- Knack for human resources and experience developing fair and inclusive employment practices, smooth onboarding processes and performance assessments.
- Familiarity with fundraising and grant management
- Experience with budget management and financial reporting and a confidence to build and manage key processes with our finance and legal teams.
- Able and motivating personnel manager with experience managing teams of three or more
- Process-oriented, energized by developing streamlined systems to ensure day-to-day management of the organization as a whole runs smoothly
- Passionate about building healthy, effective, and efficient young non-profit and taking its growth to the next level
About the Ideal Candidate:
You have a passion for social justice and an understanding of the essential role grassroots movements play in achieving social progress.
You are a mission-focused and process-minded leader and relentless problem solver who has no problem rolling up your sleeves to get the work done. You approach complex problems with flexibility, resourcefulness, humor and a positive attitude. You have a history of staring challenges in the face and driving teams toward timely, impactful solutions.
You are proactive in initiative-taking, always looking for new and better ways to make the organizations work more justly and effectively. You are an extremely well-organized individual, with attention to detail in your writing and the ability to prioritize effectively and you are excited about shaping the organization’s path significantly as it grows and evolves.
You see yourself as a sponge and jump at the opportunity to learn from and with your teammates. You’re energized by the start-up work environment and are excited to be surrounded by the diverse perspectives of our global team. You have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power and diverse perspectives that each member of the team brings to this mission.
How to Apply
This is a full-time, salaried position. We are committed to paying an equitable and competitive salary for nonprofits of our size with a commitment towards increase, based on performance and available funds.
Salary range: $60,000-$70,000
Benefits: Healthcare, three weeks vacation in the first year of employment plus holidays, unlimited sick days
How to Apply
Rhize is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks applicants from many backgrounds.
Email your resume and a cover letter to: rhize.FE.email@example.com OR complete the application on Rhize's site: www.rhize.org/join-our-team. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until August 11th. We aim for an early to mid-September start date.