Full-Time Director/Senior Director, Development
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The END Fund is a leading philanthropic investment vehicle with a mission to control or eliminate diseases that affect the world’s poorest people, specifically five of the most prevalent neglected tropical diseases (NTDs): intestinal worms, river blindness, trachoma, schistosomiasis and lymphatic filariasis. In the first five years since the END Fund’s inception (2012-2016), the team mobilized more than $75 million in private investments and supported delivery of over 331 million treatments, training of more than 750,000 health workers, and provision of over 10,000 surgeries for people suffering from these preventable and controllable diseases. In 2017 alone, the END Fund supported partners to provide over 160 million NTD treatments (valued at over $330 million) to more than 90 million people at risk of NTDs in 23 countries. In a short time, the END Fund has thus established a strong track record in private philanthropic giving.
The END Fund accomplishes its mission by:
- Mobilizing and investing resources to where they can have maximum impact;
- Advocating for innovative, integrated and cost-effective NTD programs; and
- Facilitating private sector engagement to end diseases of poverty.
The END Fund’s strategic programming and priorities are in line with the WHO and global NTD community’s common roadmap to control or eliminate the most common NTDs. The END Fund has a special emphasis on Africa and currently supports NTD programs in 10 strategic priority countries in Africa and an additional 12 to 15 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. To meet its ambitious growth objectives, the END Fund is actively seeking to expand its community of visionary and engaged philanthropists, foundations, and corporations committed to treating and preventing the spread of NTDs.
The END Fund is looking for a savvy, seasoned development professional to join its fundraising team. S/he will develop and execute strategies to cultivate, solicit, and steward $100,000+ gifts from a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals and corporate prospects, globally or potentially focused on a strategic geographic market. A natural and collegial team player, the successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of working collaboratively in individual and major gift fundraising with an eye towards executing on a robust plan. The successful candidate’s title (Director or Senior Director) will be commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In concert with the Board of Directors, Board Development Committee, CEO, VP Investor Relations, and other colleagues, help execute a fundraising and marketing plan to secure funding towards the Fund’s $150 million objectives for 2017-2021
- Serve as one of the chief stewards of the END Fund brand by participating in cultivation meetings, correspondence, and events
- Oversee the preparation of strategy, briefing and debriefing materials for face-to-face meetings with major donors conducted by senior staff or Board leadership
- Lead and/or contribute to the research, preparation, drafting, and editing of major grant proposals
- Design and execute ways to deepen donor commitment and enhanced gift giving, building on and enhancing the events and public outreach currently underway, while managing a personal portfolio of prospects
- Manage project work by staff colleagues and consultants
- Oversee fundraising reporting by staff colleagues and consultants; liaise with a program and other staff to gather materials and updates and translate them into proposals or donor reports, as needed
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant graduate coursework a plus
- At least 7 to 10 years progressively responsible experience in not-for-profit fundraising and/or demonstrated transferable skills
- Proven track record for cultivating, soliciting, and securing $100,000+ donations, and specific knowledge of private foundation grant making, corporate giving, and high-net-worth cultivation strategies
- Exceptional ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively style (both written and verbal)
- Creative thinking to develop engagement strategies with maximum impact
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, especially writing and content creation
- Confidence and poise to interact regularly with corporate executives and high-net-worth individuals using all forms of communications (e-mail, phone, video conference and face-to-face interaction)
- Familiarity with global health issues, and NTDs specifically, and/or an appetite and interest to learn
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a start-up environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a collaborative team
- Ability to work in the U.S., and ability and desire to travel domestically and internationally
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The END Fund seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The END Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. It is our policy and intent that all qualified persons be given full and equal opportunities for employment, training, promotions, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
How to Apply
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com with “Director/Senior Director, Investor Relations” in the subject line.