Full-Time Donor Department Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you an organized person who cares about the future of the planet, believes that elections should be decided by voters rather than big money, and thinks we should protect public health over corporate profits? Do you believe that organizing and advocacy have the potential to solve the problems that you are most concerned about? Are you interested in supporting the fundraising infrastructure that provides the financial resources that enables organizers and advocates to create social and political change?
The Public Interest Network’s (TPIN) Major Donor Department is hiring an Operations Administrator. TPIN runs organizations committed to a vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to getting things done, including Environment America, U.S. PIRG, the National Environmental Law Center and Environmental Action. The major donor team builds people power by deepening the financial and political support of individual citizens.
Representative responsibilities of the Donor Department Administrator include:
- Responsible for adding new relationship managers to group listserv, managing the departmental calendar, and assisting with training new relationship managers on the systems associated with doing donor work
- Assist with list management and solicitor group assignments
- Run weekly reports to assist with staff management
- Administer quarterly stewardship analysis, communicate results and necessary corrective action items to relationship managers
Fundraising Drive Management
- Create and oversee the project schedule for donor drive and training
- Liaise with relationship managers and membership services regarding list management
- Supervise training logistics, such as housing arrangements, meeting space, agenda and materials production
- Manage donor drive logistics, such as directing donor outreach, meeting materials production, compiling daily fundraising campaign reports, processing income, driving database hygiene
Stewardship & Materials
- Assist with producing and distributing cultivation and stewardship tactics to donors and solicitors
- Manage annual materials inventory and production
- Part-time major donor fundraising on behalf of Public Interest Network organizations
- Assist in building the Public Interest Network groups or department through ongoing entry-level or lateral recruitment outreach
We are looking for skilled candidates with a demonstrated commitment to social change and an appreciation of the importance of activism. Applicants must be goal-driven, sharp, and detail-oriented.
Additionally, top candidates will:
- Have excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (Ideally, candidates will be familiar with navigating database systems have some knowledge of VBA);
- Be goal driven and have a track record of academic success and proven leadership ability;
- Be flexible, embrace new challenges, have a can-do attitude and strong work ethic;
- Have demonstrated the ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in solving problems; and
- Be able to work independently and creatively, as well as take direction and work as part of a team.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package. A minimum 2-year commitment is required.
Boston, MA or Philadelphia, PA
Things To Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.