Full-Time ELA Curriculum Specialist
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A former ELA teacher with 3 to 5 years of prior curriculum development and/or instructional coaching experience and an extensive knowledge of the Common Core.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program (required) or advanced degree program (preferred).
What You’ll Do
- Develop, organize, and refine the ELA curriculum and assessments for campuses across New York, New Jersey, Washington, D.C., Nevada, and Louisiana.
- Implement curriculum aligned with Common Core standards, student and teacher performance objectives, curriculum standards, and proficiencies in various subjects.
- Develop and evaluate internal assessments aligned to NYS exams and PARCC.
- Formulate, plan, and implement the professional development program for instructional staff.
- Use appropriate data measures to assess the results of programs and address areas in need of improvement.
Salary range is $70,000 – $75,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
How to Apply
Apply online here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/democracypreppublicschools/jobs/864486#.WkuvGVQ-fNY