Full-Time Enterprise Accounts Manager
ESSENCE OF THE ROLE
We are looking for an Accounts Manager to join our fast-growing Enterprise Accounts Team to manage, support, optimize, and serve our current Fortune 500 company and large foundation clients. Over the past year, we have focused on building our enterprise business, and our growth has been tremendous. We expect this growth and focus to continue full throttle. This role will report to the Accounts Lead.
As an Accounts Manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of either corporate or foundation accounts. Your job will be to: manage your clients to receive tremendous value from Catchafire through successful execution of the program; renew these accounts so that they become “reference clients”; and identify and develop new ways to grow our impact for the client. As the point of contact for the client, you will be accountable for the revenue, profitability, impact, and success of those customer relationships. You will also be the project manager internally, managing key stakeholders across multiple teams to successfully deliver our platform and services to the client.
- Manage the client relationship through the entire lifecycle to build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with individuals at these organizations, including program managers, client administrators, high level stakeholders, and executive sponsors. These accountabilities include:
- Serving as the main point of contact for clients.
- Taking ownership of difficult issues that may arise with clients to effectively resolve them.
- Providing sufficient visibility and clarity into existing client issues and anticipating potential challenges and opportunities that may lie ahead.
- Proactively managing the client relationship and client expectations
- Engage with clients regarding any changes in the product, technology, or program offering, translating the evolution of Catchafire’s product and service into a natural value-add for the client’s program and objectives.
- Liaise with the Business Development Team to seamlessly transition a new client to an enterprise account.
- Contribute to the design of solutions that meet the client’s strategic objectives
- Serve as the project manager internally for all matters specific to your accounts which includes working closely with the Marketing, Customer Success, Product, and Business Development Teams
- Effective communicator: You lead through listening, dialogue, and debate. You begin by asking rather than telling the client. You make the client feel heard, and in so doing, you gather information to help address the client’s need more effectively. You create a sense of mutual accountability, build team spirit, and follow up effectively to ensure momentum and create trust with your team through consistent behaviors.
- Strong presence: You are able to build and sustain relationships, and you are relatable to a range of audiences, from senior management to employees. You can negotiate and command respect. You can present an argument the client may disagree with in a sensible, empathetic manner to meet mutual goals.
- Keep many balls in the air: You are efficient and organized. You can take in a range of events at different levels of urgency and importance, formulate responses, and keep progress going on many fronts at once.
- Creatively solve problems working backwards from the objective: You arrive quickly at an understanding of the client’s objectives and the root causes behind an issue, including any issues that might be in tension with one another. You solve the problem in a resourceful, analytical way that is in service to Catchafire but also meets the client’s own business objectives. You can drive this kind of problem solving in real time, working with clients or others to help them see the implications of their objectives for what needs to be done.
- Synthesize the big picture: You take in many inputs to form an understanding of “what’s really happening,” and you know how to get above that complexity and simplify it for others. You are able to bring together numbers, stories, and plans to give others a clear and vivid picture of what’s happening, what matters, and what choices are on the table to take action.
- Effective project manager: You are highly skilled at managing cross-functional projects to fulfill client objectives. You give clear, well-defined assignments, and you effectively work across teams to create accountability and ultimately drive to an effective outcome from the client and Catchafire. An effective manager in this role can engage multiple stakeholders without falling into destructive micro-management, going deep while still conveying respect for team members and commitment to team members making and owning decisions.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
You must have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience with a background in either consulting, partnerships, marketing, or business development.
- At least 3 years of account management experience or project management experience.
- A record of program and operational management experience running client portfolios, developing high-level contacts, designing programs, and managing ongoing client relationships and programs.
- Experience that establishes an intuitive understanding of how large corporations work, and an ability to quickly speak the language of different companies.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience mentoring and growing high potential junior talent.
It would be great if you had:
- Startup life experience
- Experience that establishes an intuitive understanding of how large foundations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different foundations.
- Nonprofit or foundation sector experience is a significant plus.
**Depending on your level of relevant experience, you may be qualified for the Senior Enterprise Accounts Manager role
How to Apply
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include " Enterprise Accounts Manager" in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) What does it take to be a great client relationship manager? This position is based in New York City.