Full-Time Ethiopia Innovations Associate/Manager
There are more farm families in Ethiopia than in any other country in East Africa. To generate positive change in this critical market, we need exceptional managers to identify opportunities for impact, create and refine products and services, design and implement trials, and scale proven interventions. Our goal is to generate impact for hundreds of thousands of families. To realize these goals, we need ambitious, creative, and dedicated individuals to lead this work.
Key responsibilities and skills will include:
- Lead Agricultural Innovation: You will work with organizational leadership and our local partners to identify, prioritize, and select investments to pursue to generate impact for rural families. Most investments will relate to agriculture as this is the primary income generating activity for most families, and you will lead a team in quantifying the potential impact of agricultural innovations and opportunities.
- Drive Excellent Execution: You’ll lead the team that is ultimately responsible for the timely implementation of trials and programs. You exemplify our belief in putting Farmers First by determining and implementing methods to deliver on plans and keep our program growing in scale and impact from season to season. You’ll systematically review what works, what doesn’t and how to integrate this knowledge into a continually improving program. This will include contributing to developing our overall growth strategy and adjusting the design of operations to maximize our impact.
- Manage Key Relationships: You will lead staff who are responsible for managing relationships with local government partners. Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with key partners will be critical to our long-term success.
- Team Leadership and Staff Development: You’re passionate about people development. To select the most promising opportunities and scale operations, you will need to build an excellent team. You’ll plan and oversee teambuilding, ensure accountability, and find creative ways to inspire and unite a large team. You’ll establish and cultivate strong relationships to ensure that all staff can maximize their career performance and job satisfaction as part of the One Acre Fund family. You’ll epitomize One Acre Fund’s value of being a family of leaders by systematically ensuring that everyone is continually mentored, challenged, and supported by the organization.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking 5+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a business, running an agricultural research station, developing a program from scratch, etc.)
- Leadership or management experience at work, or outside of work.
- Experience working in rural communities preferred
- Knowledge of trial design and/or agronomic concepts strongly preferred but not absolutely necessary
- A proven passion for developing the skills and leadership capacity of others.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the deliverables of others.
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume); agriculture-related degree preferred but not required.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required
PREFERRED START DATE
Bahir Dar, Ethiopia.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
How to Apply
APPLY USING THIS APPLICATION LINK: http://grnh.se/upxb80